It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas are Easily Suggested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
[[[Okay... First off, please don't yell at me about the subject in which this post is made, simply because it is a follow up to the thread "Pyramids on Mars It Makes U Think," that was posted untder Aliens and UFOs.]]]

Anywho, recently this picture ((a picture taken by a satelitte orbiting mars or the land rover as it was coming in for landing)) was put on the aforementioned thread...

What does this look like to you? READ NO FURTHER UNTIL YOU HAVE MADE YOUR OWN DESCISION AS TO WHAT THE SHAPE IS.

When I saw the picture, it was set right next to the same picture, but the one next to it had lines drawn in. I warn you do not click the link until you have conciously made your own descision.

What I Saw

Of course, all I could see was the suggested shape, but I decided to ask the people at the school I attend and some family members and when I asked them, I showed the a printed copy of the single picture, no lines....

When I asked them what they saw I got (among other things)

+ A bear
+ A teddy bear
+ A Dog
+ A Dinosaur
+ Either a chicken or a squirrel (they couldn't decide)
+ A kid holding up his fist
+ A kitten
+(and my favourite) Skull and Crossbones

I just thought this was an amazing account of how much suggestion plays a role on what we see, do, and think.

Take it as you will, I offer no opinions otherwise.

Guin
s=

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Therein lies the reason why we need to go and see these things for ourselves. All the more reason to get off this little rock as soon as possible to go find life elsewhere. I liken that mental exercise to a cloud; people see what they wanna see when they look at things. With that being said, when one looks at the '76 Viking image of the now infamous "Face", one MUST accept the fact that it does look like a face; if not, then they are blind. I mean, for crying out loud, it's obvious. Based on this, we're left to wonder what that means. The only way to know for sure is to go there and look. I just hope we find out sometime soon.

Here's to hope...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well said, The Borg!!!

new topics

join