It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Lantern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
~Booz-Allen is engaged in the creation of a program called "Magic Lantern." This program is designed to figure out people's passwords so the military can have access to *ALL* email accounts...for the purpose of fighting terrorism. Magic Lantern insidiously will install a "virus" on your computer so that when you next log in to your email using a password, Magic Lantern sends a copy of the password to a Military computer, and they can then access your email. This is all stuff I got to read in the Washington Technology (a magazine devoted to celebrating the newest technological contracts awarded on Capitol Hill). It was H IGHLY recomended to me that those of us that use our email to engage in social justice work be aware of these realities and change our passwords VERY Frequently, making sure to include numbers in our passwords.~

memes.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There's already quite a few virusses which record keystrokes, passwords, etc and send them off to god knows who.

I treat nothing on the internet as private these days.

[Edited on 22-9-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Have to agree with both of you guys. Maybe people will work on an anti-virus program that deals with this kind of stuff.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
o god the internet is becoming the mose insecure unreliable place ever. if only we could get ats some other way. hmmmmm

join