It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Pigs Fly Or Lawnmowers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is a very cool video of a lawnmower actually take off like an airplane and start flying around in the sky for a very long time, no joke. This video amazes me. I guess the old saying "sure, when pigs fly" may not be that far fetched after all after viewing this video. No details of the video it was sent in by Randy K. to the CoastToCoastAM.com. How this was done I have no clue, anybody have any suggestions? I know everybody will have their own theories on how this lawnmower flies and yes I know there must be an engine in it, but how do they control a heavy lawnmower like that in the air just like a remote controlled plane? It seems to glide through the air gracefully. Warning: don't try this at home unless you really know what your doing!!!

I found the link here: www.coasttocoastam.com...

The video of the flying lawnmower is here: www.3d-nut.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It is a pretty cool video, but no mystery...

It's just an RC model plane made to look like a lawnmower. It probably only weighs a few pounds.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Dang now I finly know what to get billy bob joe,
The perfict gift for the red neck in your family who already has everthing .

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
O.K. but don't you need wings for something to fly for stability? Lawnmowers don't have wings. How is this possible? And yes, I agree, Billy Bob would be very happy with a brand new flying lawnmower.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wings not necessarly needed. The whole body of the lawn mower acts as a wing. If you could get a good look at it standing still. It looks like a lawn mower but bet it wouldn't cut much grass.
Neat toy!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you look closely you can see the flaps at the rear of the lawnmower, and I would guess that the "handle" acts as a rear stablizer, but I didn't see a rudder. It might not break any laws of aerodynamics, but it truly is a marvel to behold.

join