It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Makes Fun of Dulce Base, Conspiracy Nuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I found this, well interesting and slightly entertaining.

First off lets get to know SNL (no, not Saturday Night Live)

www.sandia.gov...

Since 1949, Sandia National Laboratories has developed technological solutions to support our national security and to counter national and global threats.

Through science and technology, people, infrastructure, and partnerships, Sandia's mission is to meet national needs in five key areas:

* Nuclear Weapons »
ensuring the stockpile is safe, secure, reliable, and can support the United States' deterrence policy
* Nonproliferation and Assessments »
reducing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, the threat of nuclear accidents, and the potential for damage to the environment
* Military Technologies and Applications »
addressing new threats to national security
* Energy and Infrastructure Assurance »
enhancing the surety of energy and other critical infrastructures
* Homeland Security »
helping to protect our nation against terrorism

Sandia is a government-owned/contractor operated (GOCO) facility. Lockheed Martin manages Sandia for the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration. We seek collaborative partnerships on emerging technologies that support our mission.

Now lets get on to the article in question.
Here is the .pdf version:
www.sandia.gov...

Here is the Google HTML version:
Cache Version

Since the part of the article in question is short, I will paste it here.

My, my, my!, what on Earth?, I wondered.
Then — Woops! — I realized it wasn’t Earth at all. This inquiry had to come from somewhere else, far, far away. But the moon wasn’t full and there was no hot, dry wind out of the desert — the kind that drives people mad.

Crystals, maybe. . . from Santa Fe or Taos. Or leaf mold. Or cow chip mushrooms. Or one of those places you hear about where a confluence of “forces” creates a window that affords a view into the gigauniverse of knowledge. Or maybe just a nutcase with no new conspiracies. We see a few of those in our office.

“He” sent a couple of inquiries a few days ago — about 10 days apart, one to Media Relations and one to the Labs webmaster — both wondering about secret tunnels and underground facilities connecting Sandia to Los Alamos via Dulce, N.M.

“Has a UFO at any time ever been brought to your facility?” the first one asked. “Are there underground facilities at Sandia? What purpose do they serve? Do you have any communications with the multi-level underground facility labs in Dulce, New Mexico? Thanks!”

Note the sign-off exclamation point. That guy is really EXCITED about this.

Then this: “Sandia Webmaster, would you please forward my question to a Sandia public affairs officer or someone who works at the Sandia labs? Thank you!

“Does the Sandia National Labs facility connect to a multi-level underground facility located in Dulce, New Mexico, 1-3 miles under the Archuleta Mesa region, as well as LANL via an underground tube shuttle system?” And another exclamatory “Thank you!”

The latter inspired a response from one of our group’s wags — fictitious, of course. It wasn’t sent outside — you don’t like to encourage this species — but it was circulated through our offices and amused all of us for a while. Its high points:

“Actually, the secret tunnel is all about . . . the Naivete bean. . . . We need an extract from this bean to manufacture propulsion systems for rockets. . . .

“Obviously we couldn’t dig a secret tunnel under Santa Fe for transport of the beans to the labs, so in 1961 we turned to Dulce.
. . . We dug only at night to escape detection by Soviet spy satellites.
. . . [And] for nearly 20 years some 16,000 Sandia and Los Alamos employees smuggled the dirt from the tunnel out of the labs [in their shoes] and covertly spread it all over Albuquerque and Northern New Mexico. As a result, [Albuquerque] has risen at least a few inches since 1961.”

And, it wrapped up, “Yes, the secret tunnel and tube shuttle do exist. However, the multi-level underground facility is an exaggeration. That’s probably a reference to another secret facility near Abiquiu.”

Well, the pay-raise package may be a little light this year, but we at least have some fun at work.

— Howard Kercheval (844-7842, MS 0165, [email protected])

Makes me wonder if someone from ATS was not the person behind the questions.

Ahh, I find the best stuff.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not even one comment yet?

Hmm !

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You expected them to say, "Well, they're right of course, but we can't exactly tell you that...." ???

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If I find the source for the information to be Bruce Allen Walton A.K.A. BRANTON, I typically disregard it as trash.

And dump it unequivocally into the trash pile.

I would personally love to see serious Ufology move away from "Speculation " like "Dulce" and back to reality like " UFOs".

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This is kinda normal.
The goverment did it with Area 51 for years if I remember correctly.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So you've easily made your point by saying Area 51 is real, why not end you argument there?

Wait for an answer before you venture off into the world of pure speculation.

Speculation that can be proven wrong in front of the Masses?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dulcimer. I liked it. Great stuff.

There are many many people that work in places that others create wonderous conspiracies about. I am sure they get hundreds of inquiries about secret locations, projects, UFO's and aliens monthly/yearly. In all honesty I understand that guys take on providing a response. Any rationale response of any kind would be subject to more conspiracy. If they had the opportunity they could probably cobble up better conspiracies than anyone outside their facilities.

Of course at Government facilities all the personell and contractors who work there operate as one sole entity with one brain. Once you draw a government pay check you turn into a drone. As a requirement, upon depositing your check, your job as a drone is to spew dissinformtion.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh my God, I wrote that! Where did you find this!?!?!?!?!?

I swear, that was my message I sent to them word for word. But it's funny I never recieved a response, or maybe I deleted it from my bulk folder my mistake.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wow, I can't tell you all how I feel right now....

That was me who sent those emails. I sent the same email to their Media Relations and the webmaster!

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So I just emailed that guy to tell him I was the one who sent that email in. Wonder what he'll say. I'll post what he says when and if I get a reply back.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
meshuggah1324 are you sure. Do you remember the time frame of when you sent the emails?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't remember the time frame, but I know that was me. I know how I write emails to the government/military. I do it all the time. And I put "thanks!" at the end of my requests. Yes, that was me.

Was this put in some Sandia new paper or something?

Awesome!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
10-1-04 sounds right to me. I've been doing this since 2002.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
LOL MESH, certainly sounds like you.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm not just saying I think it was me. That was me. I'm glad I made everyone at Sandia Labs laugh.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So do you really believe that the elevation of the entire State rose by three inches because the Scientists were sneaking the dirt out in their shoes?

Or were you just giving the Media another reason to publicly make fun of " Conspiracy Nut's "?

[edit on 24-11-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
meshuggah1324,

I mean no offense your questions are pretty straight forward and innocent.

They must have just picked on you because of the Thanks! at the end of your E-mails. At least you know that you actually got someones attention. Although they just used it to poke fun at "Conspiracy Nut's".

I wonder why the need to publish this story in the Sandia Lab News?

[edit on 25-11-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Of course the government mocks the whole Dulce issue. That is the governments response to the whole UFO/Alien phenomenon: ridicule. People who say the government cant keep a secret dont know what they are talking about. The government needs only to spread ridicule and make anyone who claims different look like fools, conspiracy nuts, idiots, ect. Typical of them.

Dr. Hynek once said that ridicule is not part of the scientific method, and the public should not be taught that it is. Yet no one heeded those words.

I do not believe nor disbelieve in the existance of Dulce. So far, I have seen no conclusive evidence to support either side. It could very well exist and no one would know about it, especially if it was an undeground base. The government for so many years denied Area 51's existance, even though the Russians had satelite photos and most of it was above ground. I think they still deny Area 51 exists. So, Just because the government says something isnt there does not mean it isnt.

Nor does it mean that there is a base near Dulce. It could just as well be come sort of rumor, half baked theory, kook idea, or disinformation. For all we know nothing exists near Dulce except a bunch of rocks and sand and maybe a few rattlesnakes. Its not like the field of Ufology has never had ridiculous, baseless, or flat out lies circulating as truth within its ranks before. Both hoaxers and con-artists and government spooks have all implanted and circulated ridiculous and fraudulent stories for the purpose of personal gain or discrediting people.

Either way, there currently is no way to determine the truth or falsehood of the Dulce story.

top topics

join