It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantic hurricane activity expected to increase by at least twofold...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Not very good news, especially for those who just got up close and personal with Hurricane Isabel....

GROWING NUMBER OF SCIENTISTS BELIEVE CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR BREWING MORE AND BIGGER HURRICANES IN THE ATLANTIC, TIME REPORTS

--- Hurricane expert says, �An overall doubling of major hurricane activity�

---

El Ninos have become muted; La Ninas and La Nadas to become more prominent

New York � A growing number of scientists now believe that conditions favorable for brewing more and even bigger hurricanes in the Atlantic locked into place about eight years ago and will probably persist for at least a decade and maybe longer, TIME�s Madeleine Nash reports. �We�re not talking about a minor little increase,� says Stanley Goldenberg, a hurricane expert with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, �but an overall doubling of major hurricane activity.�

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That's not good at all. That's terrible for the Caribbean area...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
GROWING NUMBER OF SCIENTISTS BELIEVE CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR BREWING MORE AND BIGGER HURRICANES IN THE ATLANTIC, TIME REPORTS

Well, that's good news and bad news in my house. Bad news because we live in SE Florida right smack dab in hurricane alley. But, my husband sells generators for a living so more hurricanes equal more sales.

I want to move to North Carolina - but that's another spot that gets hit with a lot of hurricanes. I must be insane!

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herblady
I want to move to North Carolina - but that's another spot that gets hit with a lot of hurricanes. I must be insane!

You dont wanna move here its just as bad. We have enough hurricanes as it is we dont need more. It seems like the haarp is getting active DR, To the seismic thread!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thats terrible. I glad I don't live on the atlantic cost.

join