It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian Angel saved my life today.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
OMG-near death experience today!

9:35pm, raining, zero visibility already.....I'm driving my homegirl's car from her work in downtown. She had just just gotten into an accident near her work in downtown, and had called me to driver her car back. She drove a white nissan, the whole front end was crumpled, but still drivable. When I met her up, she was histerical on what to do, I suggested, I could drive her car back to to her garage. She told me she was worried that the airbag would suddenly deploy, since it hadn't done so during the accident. Of course, thinking like Macgyver, I told her no problem and went ahead and Pulled her air-bag fuse out of her car. Perfect, handled the airbag problem easily. Afterwards, I tied down the front hood with some latex gloves, since the accident left the hood flapping on the front of the car, since the hood latch was broken off. Check, everything good to go, so we're off.......freeway Here I come!

9:50pm, rain had stopped, but still drizzling. I was driving on the left-most lane on the 10West freeway, heading towards Santa Monica. Everything was calm and relaxed, 70mph, music playing some trance. All Good Right? Just crusing like usual, and just about to hit the 110 freeway and 10 Ramps.......... OUT OF NOWWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!, the windshield had shattered, the rear view mirror had fallen to the floor. The sound was soooo LOUD, LIKE a gunshot!!!! All I see in front of me is ALLL WHITE, holy moly...........guess what that white thing was!

Guess what had happened...

Turns out, the hood ripped the gloves, and popped open and SLAMS into the windhshield! WhammO! For 5 seconds, I had zero visibility, Imagine driving with the hood popped up into your windshield, with a broken, shattered windscreen. My heart was was racing, and beating faster and faster! my adrenaline levels shot up like crazy in my blood serum! I felt the fight or flight syndrome times 1000 fold! All I hear is the echo of that Loud BOOOM! All I see is a White Hood and a shattered windscreen. All I feel is my heart Beating faster and faster.

What am I going to do? I'm in the left most lane, car's are everywhere, I stepped on the brake, just to realize that I was still going 60mph and in the left most lane, it would be insane to slam the breaks. Just at that moment, I realized I could open the driver's side window and stick out my head and drive, and hopefully merge this car to the side. So I stuck my head out the window, and looked like Ace Ventura, Pet detective.......Still, no shoulder on the Left or Right side....At this point, I was going into that Tunnel, the Tunnel you have to go through before fully merging onto the 10West Freeway....you know what I'm talking about right?......So I drive a good 2-3 miles with my head sticking out the window going 50mph. People are looking at me like I'm crazy. Its almost impossible to merge to the Right side, merging to the right, you're completely blind........I someone manage to find the normandie exit.....I have no idea what had happened........But 1 min later I had someone managed to exit and make a right on Normandie exit and park. I was panting and panting, and realized I had just survived driving with the Hood into the windshield with zero visibility. The craziest 5 mins of my life..........After I exit the car, I look up, and see a sign that reads...."GUARDIAN ANGEL" with a Halo around the pom-juice.....I was impressed.

what do you guys think? a sign? or a SIGN?

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Mrpinstripsuits]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'd say!

Was the Angel in the ad winking and giving you a thumbs up or what? Very odd to see that immediately after pulling over. Guess you have something else you really were put here to do!

Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Guardian angel or not -- amazing story! Glad to here you came out alright

- Nazgarn

Also when I pressed post... listening to the song in my headphones James Maynard sang 'to know i'm alive'.

Interesting

[edit on 10-11-2005 by nazgarn]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Holy crap before I finished reading I had the thought of asking you what you had seen first thing everything came to a stop! Very odd. I never look for signs but I notice you will have them pop right in your face out of no where after a given situation.

Glad your ok.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wow, well first let me say im glad you did not get hurt,

What an amazing story and one im sure you you are going to tell for the rest of your life,

I do think in this case you had an angel looking out for you, and the sign at the end was there way of letting you know,

Hope you said thanks

thanks for sharing this with us,

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What a nightmare that must have been!

I'm impressed with the way you kept your head, though, figuring how to watch through the window to get stopped. Most would have slammed on the brakes and freaked out.

You call it whatever you want...the fact is you got out of a deadly situation and lived to tell us about it. You're lucky and smart, so put a fiver down on the next lottery because luck always strikes three times.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Tying the hood down with LATEX gloves. Cruisin at 70, listening to trance. Yep, guardian angel all right.

Great story and well told! Bless your heart!!

[edit on 10-11-2005 by whaaa]

fum

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
woot woot trance lol

Wow this is a very amazing story i am very glad you shared this with us
Stuff like this happens all the time to me no not the car part but the part that you see like a symbol or word right after something then your all like how the hell thats a freaky cousidence (sry i cant spell that)

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm 40 years old and in my short(ish) span of years have had three 'guardian angel experiences' that i know about. I wonder how many of us think along these lines or is it just pure luck? Still nice post.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
FEELS GOOD TO BE ALIVE!

fum

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
lol i just remembered one time
i dont remember what i was doing but w/e it was i coulda been killed or something then i saw something that said taht was a close one onabillboard or a bus cant remember the details lol

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrpinstripsuits
what do you guys think? a sign? or a SIGN?

nah foo' that was just is was were you being smart,so you did what you had to and stick yous head out.
..almost common sense if you actually think about it..because if you didn't stick your head out and see..what would of happened? if there was a turn? you would of crashed and pretty much die..

mod edit: shortened quote

[edit on 2-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow. Yeah def a sign because it was a sign lol.

You should try to contact the angel you think helped you through the expeierence and thank him/her.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well done Mrpin,
Don't put that poor Angel on overtime
Did you believe in angels before this?
WIS

top topics

join