It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Formal Apology To All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I would like to apologize to every member on this board. The post quote below just really threw me. I took the last statment as a personal attack on my son and I. I am a very easy going person and I should not have let that effect me the way it did. But knowing myself and my son's credibility it hit me really bad. I have no clue what those pictures are or claim that they are alien in nature. I have never seen one, so who am I to judge. I can not blame the poster for his disbelief. Everyone has there own opinion and has the right to debate on any issue. I just wish the poster would have left out the last statement of his post. You all did a wonderful job on those pix and I appreciate it. That took alot of tiime out of you day to do that. So I am so very sorry for acting the way I did. I should have just blown it off.
I am trying to get the thread re-opened again.

Quote: "I am inclined to believe this is the case of yet another internet hoaxer, or some truck driver hallucinating".

SC

[edit on 6-11-2005 by SkyChild_5]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sky'

Just do as I do..I have a long list of ignores going and add to them regularly.
Some folks hate so deep that all I can do to save my karma is just NOT to see their post.

Removed long and unnecessary quote. (TC)

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I will do just that. I tend to be a bit sensitive when it comes to some things I guess. But, after all I think I am human.
I must be on everyones "Ignore" list now anyways.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyChild_5
I will do just that. I tend to be a bit sensitive when it comes to some things I guess. But, after all I think I am human.

Good move..as for me, I feel that a large percentage of these board members are 'sensitive' or a=sensitive, thus they see/feel more than the populace.
Wish we could all remember we are here, seeking, learning, stumbling, but getting right back up and dusting off..
People, kindness costs nothing....

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Personally I have never ignored anyone on ATS but I can see that sometimes it does merit for one when people engage in personal attacks.

I usually report them to a moderator and they get a nice Warn, that is always satisfactory...I love the bitter sweet taste of vengeance.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Personally I have never ignored anyone on ATS but I can see that sometimes it does merit for one when people engage in personal attacks.

I usually report them to a moderator and they get a nice Warn, that is always satisfactory...I love the bitter sweet taste of vengeance.

Good for you, but maybe my offense monitor is low on the charts, so I just
*POOF* them

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A little bit better now. I was pretty depressed over this. Me thinks me gonna go back and change my "Mood".
Thanks guys!

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Not on my Ignore list

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

Not on my Ignore list

Thanks EvilBat.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Dunno what this is about but apology accepted.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hey SK,

No appology warranted. Occasional outbursts in society are perfectly acceptable.

I lost track of the post, but what I read seemed very interesting. Some people deem it neccesary to portray there abundant skills of being able to "speak from an orfice other than their mouth".
Some people give negative responses only because this is all they can offer.
As we have seen before, if someone doesn't have a logical answer to debunk a post, they have to resort to attacking a persons character or someone else involved.

Honestly, the pics could have been of anything, but the story was compelliing enough to enlist several good responses from various members
in support of the event that occurred.

Focus on the Good, but accept the Bad.

ps. didn't catch what happened that caused the close of the thread but I would like to see the thread re-opened if there may be more to discuss or if others have more theories.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I know how hard it is to be on the keyboard of a computer a try to telll someonE or anyone for that matter who you are and what type of person you are. I had a terrible thing happen to me one time cause I put to much trust into someone and it turned out to be a person I would not even want to be connected with. Worse part, I had made him an Admin on my biggest board ever. "Astronomy Board". Anyways, due to his negitive replies, he went and lost the whole board on me and my over 300 members (which to me was alot in a year) were gone. What you said holds ture in every aspect of cyberspace and will continue. Just guess I have to deal with and learn not to be such a (you know what). BTW: Face To Face has been re-opened. So far since (unless he is holding back) everything for my son has been nice and quiet. Crap, why could that have not happened when I was a passenger with him for over 3 months back in 1999. DANG!

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Hey SK,

No appology warranted. Occasional outbursts in society are perfectly acceptable.

I lost track of the post, but what I read seemed very interesting. Some people deem it neccesary to portray there abundant skills of being able to "speak from an orfice other than their mouth".
Some people give negative responses only because this is all they can offer.
As we have seen before, if someone doesn't have a logical answer to debunk a post, they have to resort to attacking a persons character or someone else involved.

Honestly, the pics could have been of anything, but the story was compelliing enough to enlist several good responses from various members
in support of the event that occurred.

Focus on the Good, but accept the Bad.

ps. didn't catch what happened that caused the close of the thread but I would like to see the thread re-opened if there may be more to discuss or if others have more theories.

join