It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown craft seen in ohio sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hey

about 30 min ago i was outside having a cig, when i looked to the southern sky and saw what looked to be two headlights in the sky... at first i put this off to being a plane, i live about 20 miles from Toledo Express Airport, so i see lots of planes in the sky.
As it closed in however, i noticed how very low it was and that there was no sound of a plane. I continued watching then it veered off to the northeast.
When i was close to me i noticed it actually had 3 lights.. all white, and very bright. no red lights at all like a normal plane has. anyways, i walked around some trees to follow it in the sky and before i knew it the thing had just vanished.

also, on a side note... i have seen two shooting stars in 3 days.. i find that kind of strange as well..

EDIT: it was about 2:30 am Est. and it appeared to have two rectangular lighted windows on the side as it passed me. yes it was that low.

any ideas?

[edit on 11/4/2005 by McGuirk]

[edit on 11/4/2005 by McGuirk]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
bumping for responses...anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There seems to have been numerous "fireball" sightings around the world last night.
Here is a news article about the ones seen over Germany
edition.cnn.com... html

According to the Web site of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), such fireballs have been reported elsewhere in the world and may also be due to the fact that the Earth is now orbiting through a swarm of space debris.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
no no this wasnt a fireball man... it was a ship, i saw it, it wasnt like a flash of light or anything like that.

unless you're referring to my shooting stars i saw

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Interesting, could you try to describe it more so?

It could be a military craft-they work on making them very low noice. Don't laugh, It could have been a baloon-as in hot air. The military has been playing with them as method for heavy lifting.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If it was close enough to you for you to see windows, then I assume you got a pretty darn good look at it right?

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions:

Shape

Color

Reflective

Interior light color

Approx altitude

Any idea as to the speed

just a few questiosn to get the ball rolling and see what we can come up with for you.

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Duty calls. Report your sighting to the National UFO Reporting Center, talk to Peter Davenport. They have a toll free number in Seattle.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
DC-9's and MD-80's have three white lights evenly space. The navigation lights (red, green) are usually drowned out by the white lights, which are also right at the wing tips. The middle light is on the nose wheel and would only be visible when the gears are extended. You would not hear any sound if you are seeing the white lights since the engines are facing straight at you, you would hear the engines once the plane was over you, had passed you, or had turned and you're behind the engines.

On a side note these white lights lower down from the wingtips and if you ever see one turn them on while in a cloud, and they have not swung down to face forward yet, it looks even more like a UFO, the white lights shoot straight down like to shafts, or cones, of fire. Very neat, but also very eerie looking (looks like something right out of Close Encounters), I can see where things like that cause UFO sightings.

MD80 Lighting

[edit on 11/5/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Three shooting stars in one night are not unusual at all. We should be in the Taurid meteor shower about now, though I dont have my almanac and cant be sure, I know they are sometime around now.

As for the three white lights, it still sounds like a normal plane. The lack of sound could be alot of things, like wind blowing the sound away, ect.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
to answer a few questions. it was probably only a few hundred feet up, and it was kinda silverish, but it looked like there was a ball of black around it, but i think that may have the lights giving off that radiance. It just kinda came casually by, not going super fast but not going really slow either. it seemed to speed up as it turned to the north east, which i might add, is completely the opposite direction of the airport... and it was still too far from Detroit airport to be that low.
the lack of sound was puzzling, because even as it passed, i didnt hear a thing from it.. the wind was blowing crazy hard is like a southeastern direction.. but that didnt push the sound away cause i could still here the trucks on the highway.
the light comin from inside was white too, everything was white light.. there were absolutely no red or green or other color lights like you would see on the wings.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Look like this?
TR3-B

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You mentioned that you lived about 20 miles from Toledo Express Airport... Do you by any chance live near a military base/airport? I have seen several triangle-shaped objects with two or three lights in unusual shapes in the skies over the Gulf of Mexico. They never have any sound and they're definately not any kind of airplane or jet I have seen before.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i see what you described all the time. its just a plane. as to you not hearing noise could it have been higher than you realise?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
it was real low, i see airplanes all the time at night and daytime since i live 20 min from toledo express and an hour from detroit airport.

it wasnt a black triangle.

as to the military base, the closest base to here is wright patterson, which is probably about 3 hours or so to the south.

top topics

join