It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The creepiest ORB in photo, is that a creature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Okay. I'm just gonna lay out the photographes and you guys let me know what you think. My friend went to a Bright Eyes concert in NYC and there is one photo that had a very peculiar ORB. I don't know what exactly is an ORB, or know if they exist or not..but the closer I looked..the more freaked out I became.

I suggest once you look at them closely, to slowly back away from a distance and look at it...the appearance of something resembling a "being" of some sort starts to take shape.

Original Photo

Regular Zoom of the ORB

the first time I saw this I immediatly saw two eyes and two horns, and a odd shape in the middle

Using FILTER: Accented Edges

This one IMO, definitely shows a clearer form of a being with a body and arms..with a horned top..holding some sort of...staff?

Using FILTER: Glowing Edges

the same, but the edges are a little finer

So is there some kind of phenomenon going on here that we don't know about? An energy that has an intelligence just floating all around us? Maybe affecting how we think or..feel?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
wow, looks a lot like the one picture that was posted that a member took of their deck, and a little "sprite guy" was next to the bbq

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Stop it with the orbs already. They're water particles that # up still images, we get it. They're not 'creatures', they're bad images.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Stop it with the orbs already. They're water particles that # up still images, we get it. They're not 'creatures', they're bad images.

I always assumed that also, but why don't you ever see anything like this caught on film, and only in pictures? Does it have something to do with the flash?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They are dust/moisture orbs. They show up in photos all the time.

My Orb recreation attempt

Does it have something to do with the flash?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
They are dust/moisture orbs. They show up in photos all the time.

My Orb recreation attempt

Does it have something to do with the flash?

Yes.

I've seen your "recreation attempt". Not very convincing, if you're trying to disprove the whole "orb phenemonon". It's pretty easy to determine which are naturally formed orbs and those that aren't. Your orbs don't have a special or unique structure to it. They're simply dust/moisture/flash related, as you put it.

But then there are orbs that stand out from the rest. Orbs that are not easily explained. The orbs that I've presented here have shapes and lines that are recognizable. Maybe you don't see what I see, but I see something very strange happening here. I hope you're not suggesting that just because you took a few personal photos, that the whole investigation ends.

And that's not even the point. My question to you is, do you not see something strange in the orbs that I posted here? If not, then I can see why there is so many skeptics...they simply can't see it.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
IST DUST.

also note the motion blur, but yeah just ignore it if you wish.

clutch it if you must.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
IST DUST.

also note the motion blur, but yeah just ignore it if you wish.

clutch it if you must.

What does motion blur have to do with the actual orb itself?

Also, if it's dust, then why did only two orbs show up? If I'm not mistaken, there's millions of dust particles flying everywhere. There should've been an abundance of orbs all over that picture.

This is what dust orbs look like:

Not quite the same.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
My question to you is, do you not see something strange in the orbs that I posted here?

Then my answer is no, I don't see anything strange. These orbs look like any other dust/moisture orbs that I have seen. My thread isn't to disprove so called "orb phenomenon ". There are certainly photos of orbs out there that are not from dust and moisture, the photo you have posted is not one of them.

the first time I saw this I immediately saw two eyes and two horns, and a odd shape in the middle

This is known as
Matrixing.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Regular Zoom of the ORB

I think your orb looks a little more like this than a demon. My point is if you stare at something long enough it can really look like anything.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My sister went to some concert last year or 2003?.....cannot remember the guys concert......
Anyway, i remember seeing the pic and it was freaky!
My sister is not here now(overseas)and i am not able to get the pic, but i will post it here as soon as i get it.
It has a demon face in it.......
The pic was not taken with a digital camera........as i have heard many digital cameras take pic with 'orbs' in them......myself included...I have many with orbs in them....probably many of them are just dust and mist or whatever it is......but others, do look quite wierd.

helen

(spelling)

[edit on 10/20/2005 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
100% of these 'mysterious' orbs that you capture on digital cameras is something called a 'Camera Artifact'.

Simple as that. It's a fault in technology, not a fault in reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

What does motion blur have to do with the actual orb itself?

Also, if it's dust, then why did only two orbs show up? If I'm not mistaken, there's millions of dust particles flying everywhere. There should've been an abundance of orbs all over that picture.

You claimed to see a lil man or something with a staff... How can it be when its blurred?

but obviously you are sticking to your guns on this one and seem to be not willing to bend.

telling man it's dust.

I hope nobody brings up Rods.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Lysergic//

I hope nobody brings up Rods.

Now, are we talking wooden RODS or Steel ones?

helen

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
This is known as
Matrixing.

Does it become Matrixing if a large group of people see the same thing? I don't think so

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Does it become Matrixing if a large group of people see the same thing? I don't think so

It doesn't matter how many people see the face you are talking about.

I'm sure we can all see a 'face' here,

We can all see an 'eye' here.

This is what dust orbs look like:

Not quite the same.

What you have in your picture is a moisture orb.

This is what a moisture orb looks like:

It looks the same to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

This one IMO, definitely shows a clearer form of a being with a body and arms..with a horned top..holding some sort of...staff?

Well, that "staff" is just on of those metal bars in the background. As everyone has said, it's just moisture in the air.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yup, it's just a moisture orb or a problem with the camera, I've seen them many times as they plague my digital pictures taken during the night.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Regular Zoom of the ORB

the first time I saw this I immediatly saw two eyes and two horns, and a odd shape in the middle

Using FILTER: Glowing Edges

the same, but the edges are a little finer

So is there some kind of phenomenon going on here that we don't know about?

Yes, and it's a common phenominon with the "unexplained photos" from Mars and other places -- if you photoshop the heck out of something, you will get all sorts of artifacts. Do enough manipulations and you can probably make out an alien face in the ink lines of your own signature.

But that doesn't mean you should run out and get a passport as a "resident alien."

I think it would be a useful exercise for someone with more time than I have right now to take a photo of something known (a car license plate, say) and then step back to where it's barely visible and shoot it again... and then try to enhance it to bring out the number.

Yes, I know they show this on tv shows all the time -- I roll my eyes every time some Tech Goober on a crime show highlights an area of a photo, clicks on it, and it magically resolves into a farily clear image of something pertinent to a Major Plot Point. In real life it doesn't work like that, nor is the software that good.

So, yes, it's dust or water.

top topics

join