It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARENTS!PLEASE DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Has everyone in Akron been lobotomized? When did the cafeteria lunch process get so difficult to handle that they need to resort to these measures? I was unaware that teaching kids to be responsible for their lunch tickets was asking too much, not to mention the incredible difficulty it imposes on the cafeteria staff who must count the tickets every day after lunch. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is the OBVIOUS answer and I just can't see it.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

This one's in the UK but we're not too far behind:

www.propagandamatrix.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thats crazy. I would never allow any of my children (if i had them) to be fingerprinted. I mean it's a school lunch for fu.cks sake It's just another big brother thing seriously. They just want everyones information and fingerprints on record so they can send it all up to FEMA in Mt. Weather to be stored.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
How can any sane person allow this to happen in their school district? Is the School board populated by shaved monkeys? I cannot, nay, will not believe that any sentient human could even begin to allow this. I'm just shocked that noone cares enough to allow their children's VERY personal information to be circulated by a PUBLIC SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM!!! Please refer to the second quote in my signature for further details.
Peace.

jra

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
hmmm ok maybe i'm not getting it here... i don't see this as a big deal. nor a "big brother" thing either. i doubt these computers would be connected to a vast network. (but then i don't know this for sure obviously). but if this was a "big brother" thing, it would probably be the biggest and stupidest thing to do... tracking what school kids eat for lunch. what's the point? i just see this as upgrading to the 21st century and moving away from old ways of doing things.

perhaps there could be better ways of doing it though that people might agree with it more, like having school cards with magnetic strips on them that they swipe through a little slot to bring up the info. perhaps that would make people feel better.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sickening!

Time for parents to start packing thier kids lunches for them. Parents once did make lunch for thier kids, a time honored tradition that shows you love your kids, but parents think they are too busy to do that little act of love for someone they brought in the world.

Packing your kids lunch ensures that its healthier, no risk of them getting sick from cafetaria food. Also, i makes the kids day better, because the lunch is made personally for them, and you can chose whats being out in your childs body. It cuts out this bull# NWO interference. Fingerprinting the kids? Retina scans? Like they are common crimnals? I remeber my granny telling me the only people who got fingerprinted in her time were criminals. Have we already passed sentance on our youth then?

This is sick. I hope it encourages more parents to pack thier kids lunches, but judging by the apathy of most parents today, who basically spend zero time with thier kids and are too engrossed in thier own pathetic social and work life, we can look forward to alot of kids getting tagged.

This crap about not packing kids lunches cuz you dont have time is BS. My granny worked two jobs fulltime and still had time to make lunches for her 4 kids that were living at home with her because she wnated them to have good meals, and put little i love you notes in them to help make her kids day at school better.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Welcome to the New World Order.

Sure as hell showed up pretty fast, didn't it?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Children shouldn't be finger printed like criminals, unless of course they are criminals...

school food sucks!

Got my lunchbox and I'm armed real well.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
How anal can we get people.
finger printing for school lunches?
I'm gonna devise a system to computer analize DNA of people who piss on the toilet seat.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
lunch ticket? in my school everybody has an id number, and they just enter it in a small machine thingy if they want free or reduced lunch.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And you think that's BAD!
In Quebec there is a school that COMPLETELY FORBIDS TALKING TO OTHERS OUTSIDE OF CLASSROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

In Quebec there is a school that COMPLETELY FORBIDS TALKING TO OTHERS OUTSIDE OF CLASSROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats kinda harsh. Sucks for those kids.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
WHAT THE HELL?! I can see using a student ID number to deduct money from a lunch account, like the local highschool does now, but a fingerprint scanner for lunch?!? Sounds like Big Brother to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
5-2 im confused here if it is soo controversial and the majority of teh pudbic doesnt want this how did they get such a slant on the board? This only shows how cautious we have to be with choosing our representatives. Im begging to thing that democracy is not the way to go, but a true republic is what we need.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'd pack their lunch all of the time if they had to do something like that.

Not that it sounds any better, here's an excerpt from the Akron Schools website:

Will children be fingerprinted?
No. The finger image process scans a student's finger and takes a picture of a grid of intersection points from the swirls and arcs of the scanned finger. These points are translated into a number. An actual fingerprint is not taken nor is the picture of the scan recorded. Only a mathematical algorithm remains in the system. The student's meal number cannot be stolen, lost or duplicated as it is unique to each child.

www.akronschools.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
whats the point in all of this? I would bring my own lunch if i were a student anyway school meals are disgusting not exactly Hilton Hotel standard are they?!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
hmmm ok maybe i'm not getting it here... i don't see this as a big deal. nor a "big brother" thing either. i doubt these computers would be connected to a vast network.

This is also on the Akron site:

"Can the system be used in Akron's renovated secondary schools?

Yes. Not only can this technology be used in the new or renovated schools, it could also be used for other purposes. For example, it could be used to improve security, attendance reports and transportation programs."

With the Patriot Act and it's evil twin Patriot II nothing can safely be ignored as "not a big deal", when it comes to personal identification, anymore. The following quote is from the Patriot II (in the proposed amendments for Patriot Act I):

(3) POPULATION STATISTICS DATABASE. -- If personally identifiable
information is removed, the DNA records maintained in the databases described in
subsection (a) may be used and disclosed for quality control and protocol development
purposes and for a population statistics database

(c) EDUCATIONAL RECORDS INFORMATION. -- Section 444(j)(1)(B) of the
General Education Provisions Act (20 U.S.C. 1232g(j)(1)(B)) and section 408(c)(1)(B) of
the National Education Statistics Act of 1994 (20 U.S.C. 9007(c)(1)(B)) are each amended --
(1) by inserting after "disseminate" the following: "(including disclosure of such
reports, records, and information to law enforcement personnel of a State or political
subdivision of a State, including the chief executive officer of that State or political
subdivision who has the authority to appoint or direct the chief law enforcement officer of
that State or political subdivision, to assist the official receiving that information in the
performance of the official duties of that official)"; and
(2) by adding at the end the following: "Any chief executive officer or law
enforcement personnel of a State or political subdivision of a State who receives
information pursuant to this paragraph shall only use that information consistent with
those guidelines.".

If anyone thinks that your kid's prints aren't gonna be part of a "Big Brother" database, think again! I would recommend reading both Patriot (Nazi) Act I & II. It's like reading the government law book from "1984" or "A Brave New World".

www.pbs.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey well #, just let the damn kids bring their own lunch to school then. The school district is going to do what they want anyways, so you mine as well just take the time being spent on getting angry over this, and make your kid a peanut butter and jelly sammich so he/she can be on their way to their #ed up school. It really sucks that it comes down to this, I mean, it's pretty damn rediculous that the school is going to make the kids do finger prints, there's gotta be other ways than that to buy ur damn food.

When I was in elementary school we had this system where we inserted money (inside of envelopes with our account numbers on them) into a box outside of the cafeteria, and every morning during class the lunch lady would go outside and collect the moneys from the students and insert the deposit into our accounts. Because each student was given a personal private account number, we would just have to punch in the number into a keypad and it would deduct the lunch price from our account, and at the end of the week (or whenever needed), we would just go add some more money to our account to make sure we had enough to eat the next day. I don't think school need no damn fingerprinting machine though, that's some pretty gay # if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Following the Columbine high school tragedy, and the debate that followed concerning how to avoid future incidents, the powers that be came up with this ! By the way hot lunch cost me 40 cents when i was in school. Some kind of majic meat we couldn't give away over seas.

top topics

join