It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Account problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hi there!

I was wondering, how come I have to change my password every time I want to make a new post? I have changed password about six times this week, My passwords only lasts about one day, I have no idea why this is, I have used the correct passwords I have been given by mails from ATS when I have requested new ones, but as I said they only work for about a day, Why?

Sincerly
/Cactus

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cactus
Hi there!

I was wondering, how come I have to change my password every time I want to make a new post? I have changed password about six times this week, My passwords only lasts about one day, I have no idea why this is, I have used the correct passwords I have been given by mails from ATS when I have requested new ones, but as I said they only work for about a day, Why?

Sincerly
/Cactus

Sounds like a Kookie/ firewall setting but not sure.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If you have to change your password every time you make a post than i have no idea why or how.

But if you mean that you have to enter your password every time you visit ATS, then your either using the Log Out button when you leave ATS(which is unecessary, unless you share your computer with someone you don't want surfing and/or posting on ATS under your 'nick')

..Or

You've just 'deleted your cookies' in which case you would need to log-in again when you return to ATS....hope this was helpful.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah it does sound like your blocking cookies from ATS.

You either have to allow cookies for your browser or in case it is a firewall add ATS as a friendly site, otherwise you will have to keep logging in on each new post.

abovetopsecret.com allow
belowtopsecret.com allow

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Don't Panic!

Try to remain calm, and check your computer. If you see something that looks like this...

Fig. 1: Monstrus Cookius

...don't be alarmed. They are generally harmless and confine their diet to cookies.

However, it is important to avoid wearing clothing which resembles cookies or making sudden, cookie-like movements.

The best solution is to call the Orkin man, since most pest sprays only agitate these pests, which can lead to computer damage. Poisoned cookies are highly effective, but must be kept out of the reach of children, pets and husbands.

Alternatively, like my fellow members above have suggested, you may simply configure your browser to allow ATS domains to set cookies.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thank`s a bunch!!

I `ll try all of the above, and thank you kindly for the speedy replies

I will do my best do avoid any cookie-like movements

Cheers!
/Cactus

join