It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie Alert: Flesh-like Material From Loch Ness To Be DNA Tested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Flesh-like material has been found at the bottom of Loch Ness. It will now be subject to DNA testing in Scotland and the United States.

This picture has nothing to do with the article...

Nessie hunters on verge of major breakthrough

16/09/2005

Scientists hunting the Loch Ness Monster say they've made a significant breakthrough.

Flesh-like material, which could hold the key to Nessie's origins, has been recovered from the loch bed. It'll now be subject to DNA testing here and in the United States.

Using underwater robots, the team has scooped up material that may finally prove the existence of large animals deep in the loch.

Samples will be tested at laboratories in Scotland and the United States.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow. This will be interesting indeed. This could mean a major breakthrough in proving that Nessie really exist.

Related Resources And Links:
Nessie on the Net! Live Cam

Related ATS Threads:
Man Plans to Harpoon Loch Ness Monster (by William One Sac)
600 People Saw Nessie the Other Day (by ZeddicusZulZorander)
Nessie? (by MasterDakata)
Nessie...Why?? (by Zeltar)
Nessie's Tooth Found ? (by ilandrah)
Impressive Nessie pics!! (by Peronemlin)
Loch Ness Pictures (by Tech N9ne)
nessie search (by waltzonthesun)
Diving for Nessie (by ImAlreadyPsycho)
Is the Plesiosaurus the explanation behind the Loch Ness Monster? (by StarChild)
Nessie fossil found! (by Fry2)
Nessie Caught on Film? (by William One Sac)

[edit on 2005/9/16 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I dunno, I think that pic is photoshopped...something's not right about it...

It'd be interesting to see what happens, although most likely it's probably something entirely "normal". I didn't see anything that stated a timeline of anykind; any word on when they expect the results?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I honestly doubt it will turn up anything interesting. I think if there was anything in the lake there isn't anymore. It's been living off fakes for nearly a century now, so perhaps if there was something it died out sometime around the early 1900s.

And as for the pic...It blew my mind, perhaps some photoshop experts could varify its credibility.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I love the Picture, anyway this will be awesome if Nessie is real(then i can collect some Money
) They might not get any Deoxyribonucleic Acid off the flesh if its been at the bottom of Loch Ness for any great period of time.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Senor_Vicente]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
And as for the pic...It blew my mind, perhaps some photoshop experts could varify its credibility.

The more I look at it, definitely photoshopped. Everyone knows there's no sheep around Loch Ness. C'mon Hellmutt, those sheep don't even look real.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Oh No! They are going to scare Nessie away!

Scotsman: It's off with the trunks and into the loch for naturists' swim

SIX naturists are to attempt a nude swim of Loch Ness in aid of charity.

Four men and two women, including one from the United States, will swim the loch three times, in relays, with each swimmer in the water for an hour at a time.

The event is expected to begin on Saturday morning and not finish until Sunday afternoon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Oh btw, that picture you are all talking about (the one which has nothing to do with the article
). You´ll find it at the Lock Ness Live Cam page...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is nessie shedding skin or something? Isn't this probably a dead fish?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mxboy15u
Is nessie shedding skin or something? Isn't this probably a dead fish?

According to the scientists its obviously higher probability that its the skin from the Loch Ness monster. You gotto trust the scientists!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I work in Photoshop every day for a living and I can assure you that image has been
'tampered' with.
There's no rain.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hellmutt said that the picture had nothing to do with the article....

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i prefer the mecha-nessie....

I think it takes months to do dna testing, if not weeks. I'd think they'd have to compare it to the many known possible sources of the material.

the best a nessie supporter can hope for is an "inconclusive" result, and maybe they can at least put it in a family or genus. I think a species is asking to much, since they are testing for an unknown.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Update:
From this site

Loren Coleman says, "The news from Loch Ness was premature and incorrectly reported by the UK media. The material recovered may be heralded as a new discovery, but not in the realm of a zoological discovery; it appears to be an eukaryotical, thallophytical, basidiomycotical, or botanical one."

Loren Coleman

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sorry for bumping... Just want to make a correction as pointed out by JustDJ... The above source should be this and not the link given above pointing to the "Wallaby Article"...

(I take it we can't edit a post after a couple of days?)

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hmmm... I'm posting again... Third time in a row in the same thread. This must be against some kind of rule somewhere... And I should really quit the habit of bumping the ancient ones.

Anyways, it's been 2 months, and yet I can't find any results or anything about the results. Anyone know anything about the supposed DNA test results?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

And I should really quit the habit of bumping the ancient ones.

No no, please do
I really appreciate it. I wish more "ancient" threads were bumped and not just mine. I bump "old" threads myself sometimes (my own threads and others´ too) if I find new information or otherwise find any value of bumping them...

I wonder too if there are any results on these tests. Has anyone heard anything?

edit to clarify:
Please don´t stop bumping old threads. It´s a good habit, not a bad one...

[edit on 2005/11/17 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I swore i just saw a a wiki entry on "Dr Robert Rines", who is the man claiming to have done this. Can't find it now for some reason.

Anyway, this is him:

Apparently he's a busy guy, but he founded this place:
www.aas-world.org...

I contacted them about this.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I swore i just saw a a wiki entry on "Dr Robert Rines", who is the man claiming to have done this. Can't find it now for some reason.

I contacted them about this.

Here it is:
en.wikipedia.org...

He also developed the high-resolution image-scanning radar used in the search for the wrecks of the Titanic and the Bismarck.

You contacted them? Excellent

join