It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you guys think the next "terror" attack will be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i agree with JIMC...the US has beefed up it's security at major targets, what sense does it make to attack an enemy at his strength? 6 bombs at 6 walmarts in 6 states at about the same time would bring the threat into every small town in the US, and have a devastating psychological effect on the nation, all done with minimal risk, how about the same scenario at high school basketball games? get a seat, leave a coat and a briefcase and walk back out the door....

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
toejam u bring up a scary target that is so unguarded, our schools.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
i agree with JIMC...the US has beefed up it's security at major targets, what sense does it make to attack an enemy at his strength? 6 bombs at 6 walmarts in 6 states at about the same time would bring the threat into every small town in the US, and have a devastating psychological effect on the nation, all done with minimal risk, how about the same scenario at high school basketball games? get a seat, leave a coat and a briefcase and walk back out the door....

Hey Toejam....go Dawgs! LOL....glad i'm not the only PPPer with an inquisitive mind....

you both make very good points, and while this kind of attack would be very disruptive, i think bigger things are coming. Have you guys noticed the iranian missile programs? everyone is making such a big deal over their nuclear ambitions that i think they are missing the bigger picture. every missile they have tested has been a "failure." they keep blowing up at an altitude of 200 miles......but wait a second, because it just happens that 200 miles is just about where a nuclear blast needs to be in order to cause an effective enough electro magnetic pulse (emp) to basically shut down our technological advantage. and it gets worse. they dont have to make them inter-continental....in fact, it's better if they dont. all they have to do is launch them from international waters right off our coast from a normal oil ship. we are completely vulnerable to that kind of attack at the present.....there is absolutely no way to stop a missile that close in within the time frame needed to keep from shutting down the east coast. when the emp happens, we lose EVERYTHING. all electronic aircraft (about 90% of commercial aviation) fall out of the sky. for those still flying, air traffic is crippled, because everything is computerized and therefore fried. police and firecrews are crippled due to electronic communications. cars built after 1984 are dead......i know this seems to be far fetched, but i am far more worried about an event of this type than a dirty bomb or car bombs at wal mart.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
Have you guys noticed the iranian missile programs? everyone is making such a big deal over their nuclear ambitions that i think they are missing the bigger picture. every missile they have tested has been a "failure." they keep blowing up at an altitude of 200 miles......but wait a second, because it just happens that 200 miles is just about where a nuclear blast needs to be in order to cause an effective enough electro magnetic pulse (emp) to basically shut down our technological advantage. and it gets worse. they dont have to make them inter-continental....in fact, it's better if they dont. all they have to do is launch them from international waters right off our coast from a normal oil ship. we are completely vulnerable to that kind of attack at the present.....there is absolutely no way to stop a missile that close in within the time frame needed to keep from shutting down the east coast. when the emp happens, we lose EVERYTHING. all electronic aircraft (about 90% of commercial aviation) fall out of the sky. for those still flying, air traffic is crippled, because everything is computerized and therefore fried. police and firecrews are crippled due to electronic communications. cars built after 1984 are dead......i know this seems to be far fetched, but i am far more worried about an event of this type than a dirty bomb or car bombs at wal mart.

There is a book called "Medusa"s Child" by John Nance. It is about a bomb build specifically to do what you state. The bomb itself is fiction as far as I know, but Nance's description of what the effects would be are dead on. The book is worth reading just for this description alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
tojam i've been thinking the exact same thing, relatively small attacks all over the country, from our pubs to our schools would have a huge impact.

Personally i feel the next attack will take place somewhere in Europe, probably Italy and be on the same scale as the London and Madrid bombings.

As for terrorists using nukes, i think we're giving them far to much credit. We need to remember that ther is not one giant terrorist network, with a chain of command. Mearly extremists in various countries taking advantage of young angry muslims. They have no tangible link to Bin Laden and I would be extremely suspicious if even his crew were able to get hold of a wmd.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There is a book called "Medusa"s Child" by John Nance. It is about a bomb build specifically to do what you state. The bomb itself is fiction as far as I know, but Nance's description of what the effects would be are dead on. The book is worth reading just for this description alone.

thanks for the info...i'll check it out.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I think that the next wave of terrorist atacks will come about in our food supplies in order for them to kill as many as they can...

I have a question..do you drink your beers/sodas straight from the can??

How many hands have come into contact with the 'drinking-aperture' of the tin..from manufacture to your purchase??

This is purely a hypothetical scenario, but how easy would it be to contaminate the lip of the can rather than the contents directly?

There is the possibility of using the above methodology and applying something like a 'shed-brewed-bio-culture' of H5N1 obtained from a diseased bird, or Ricin culture (remember the incident here in the UK?)

Another hypothetical...a bio-suicide-bomb...the martyr deliberately infects themselves with a bio-agent that debilitates (like bird-flu) and goes for a walk down a busy street in winter coughing and sneezing...like so many (inconsiderate) others do despite having a cold...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Lets examine some of the more intriguing posibilities here.

"I think that the next wave of terrorist atacks will come about in our food supplies in order for them to kill as many as they can." == Flying High

Easy to say, difficult to pull off due to the diversity and geographic spread. To be effective, the timing would have to be impossibly extraordinary.

"As for terrorists using nukes, i think we're giving them far to much credit." == Orias

I agree unless Iran, Pakistan, or North Korea makes a loan to include care and feeding training for nukes.
And that would mean fingerprints back to the loaner. Not a game that a sane nation would play.

"Another hypothetical...a bio-suicide-bomb...the martyr deliberately infects themselves with a bio-agent that debilitates (like bird-flu - H5N1)
and goes for a walk down a busy street in winter coughing and sneezing...like so many (inconsiderate) others do despite having a cold" == Timski

Dead on Timski. And this exactly matches the planning profile of 9/11. Cheap, effective, impossibly hard to believe on the first use (heck there are
folks on this board who still cant believe it) , and not publicly proclaimed as something being thought about. That means unexpected.
But the timing is unpredictable. You have to wait till H5N1 mutates to a true human-to-human virus and see if its characteristics remain or
get worse. There is NO innoculation for it, and little immunity to it. I believe it is a near mathematical certainty that it will mutate, but there
is a near-equal probability that its final form will not be so deadly. I wonder how many of your bio - bombers are stationed in Southeast Asia
waiting for this "gift" from allah. It is no secret that the mutation will most likely occur there. Its not the only candidate either, but I do not
want to say too much about nature's own WMD's.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ensure it does not happen. Plant the appropriate weapons in all major cities of all sand states and any others that support the sand states.

Let all know the reprocussion will be far more horrendous for all families of any homicide carrier than it could possibly be worth. Allow the G8 know there cannot be any exclusions to that deterent.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanC
I think it depends on how much impact they want the "attack" ti have---if Bush's poll numbers keep dropping, they are going to need something very big and spectacular to boost him back up, and a big "terror" attack would be just the ticket. I would guess someplace coastal and heavily populated, and since New York has already been hit, I am guessing LA or the Bay Area could be next. If Bush's numbers in the polls stabilize but they want a little boost to make him openly install himself as military dictator, then a heartland city would be a safe choice, something that really hits home with the "red state" folks, so in that case Kansas City, St. Louis, Memphis, or Nashville would be likely targets. Maybe they could just do us all a favor and hit Branson, Missouri.
---Ryan

Whats the point in boosting Bush's poll numbers? He's on his way to lame duck status now as it is. There are any number of sites they could choose. Doesnt have to be a large metropolitan area. It could be small town or small area. It all depends on if they are going for shock and awe (nyc) or something more pratical (pentagon/white house) I would guess the next attack is going to be on something pratical. Nuclear plant, Large dam (hoover) or a water facility to name a few.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join