It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Officials who speak of UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am making this thread out an interest to track down sightings or reports made from government officials across the globe.

This little find sparked my interest again.

Mr. Roger Gaudet (Berthier--Montcalm, BQ): Mr. Speaker, I would like to set the record straight. One of my Liberal colleagues said earlier that I was living on another planet, but I read in the Journal de Montréal this morning that Prime Minister Martin had seen a UFO.

The Deputy Speaker: Order, please. I remind the House that we cannot do indirectly what we are not entitled to do directly. Members must not refer to other hon. members by name, but rather by the name of their department or their riding.

Mr. Roger Gaudet: Mr. Speaker, I apologize. I read in the paper that a UFO was sighted by the Prime Minister. I just wanted to point out to my colleague that I am not the one living on another planet.

parl.gc.ca

Now this may be a bit of a comical one, perhaps not the best example.

Can anyone point out any major politicians etc that have had sightings etc?

I know I have seen a few from the United States mentioned, but I am interested in a global aspect.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ah here is an article to back up the previous statement.

CTV

It's a far cry from last summer, when Rutkowski said there were over 400 sightings in July alone. Many of them were in the Prairies, including one involving Prime Minister Paul Martin's plane.

In a widely reported incident, the pilot of Martin's plane reported seeing a "very bright light" falling through the air, with smoke trailing, while the aircraft passed over Suffield, Alta., in March of last year.

CBC

In March, in a widely reported incident, the pilot of Prime Minister Paul Martin's plane reported seeing a "very bright light" falling through the air, with smoke trailing, while the aircraft passed over Suffield, Alta.

And in relation to the thread.

UFO's Topped ex-Prime Minister's Agenda / Lester Pearson's fascination with flying saucers

On the morning of April 5, 1966, with the espionage inquiries soon set to begin, Mr. Pearson met with his cabinet. But instead of discussing Mr. Spencer or Ms. Munsinger, he said he wanted ministerial briefings on the UFO phenomenon, according to newly uncovered cabinet meeting minutes at the National Archives.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Interesting thread, i know i have some quotes from US politicians on my comp so ill have a look. One of them an ex President, but i cant remember his name. I'll also have a look at Australian politicians too.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i believe the ex president your thinking off is mr jimmy carter.Didnt he promise to get to the bottom of this?

[edit on 9-9-2005 by tarzan]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter once mentioned disclosure...yes. He was to have talks with some UFO groups after taking office, but those meetings were then cancelled, and nothing more came of it. He also has a sighting on official record.

Reagan has made several comments alluding to a perceived or possible alien threat, even to the UN.

Even Bush Jr. has made such comments (though they seemed to be in jest)....

Just a couple days ago, I remember seeing a ton of such quotes, many of which I recognized....so I'll have to see if I can find it....but there are an awful lot of past leaders who've even had their own sightings.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

join