It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members, Please Show Your Support Here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hi, and welcome to this thread. While writing a U2U to one of our American ATS members and a friend of mine, I had the idea that we ATSers could show some support for the victims of hurricane Katrina. Non American members like me are specialy welcomed.
I myself feel great sorrow for all the people in the disaster zone right know. My mind and heart is with them and I wish I could do more. Any members are welcome ho want to talk, especially if they also had a loss in this terrible mess. I promise you I will listen.

[color=#FF0000]Please leave politics away for once, this here is about helping and supporting not bashing.

I wish luck and strength to all.
Flame

Ps: If any mod feels this belongs in BTS please move it there.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by TheDarkFlame]

[edit on 1-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My heart goes out to our American cousins struggling to come to grips with this disaster. In particular, my thoughts are with the emergency relief personnel. My wife is a paramedic here in Australia and I can only imagine how hard it must be for them to do their jobs in those increasingly appalling conditions.

Australians are all too familiar with the disaster hurricanes can bring. On Christmas Eve in 1974, Cyclone Tracy all but annihilated Darwin, the capital city of our Northern Territory. The pictures of New Orleans and the surrounding areas remind me very much of the devestation at Darwin. Honestly, from what I have seen, parts of the city look as though they have been hit by a bomb.

I know that the American spirit will rise to meet this new challenge. The people of these devastated regions will be in my thoughts, for what that is worth.

[edit on 1/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
'TheDarkFlame' a real good thought from you!

Indeed its a destructive disaster that has taken place. I can imagine how much damage it caused..its really sad .. i remember when tsunami hit around here a while back and i was included in one of the teams travelling to provide aid to the victims..it was a heart-breaking situation facing the victims who had lost their dear ones , their houses and everything.

I WOULD LIKE TO PRAY FOR ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO WERE AFFECTED DURING THIS AND I HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT FINE FOR THEM.. AND I HOPE GOD PROTECTS THEM AND GIVES THEM STRENGTH!
IM SURE LIKE MINE.. PRAYERS OF MILLIONS OF OTHERS AROUND THE WORLD ARE WITH THEM...!!
I also hope everybody out there who are capable of lending their hands and helping them provide aid to them generously and everyone else there to support them.
All the best.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Mysterio
i remember when tsunami hit around here a while back and i was included in one of the teams travelling to provide aid to the victims.

Thanks Grey_Mysterio, I can't imagine how hard a task like that must be.
I also feel great respect and admiration for all the people on the ground helping. I hope that at the end, they will go home unharmed to their own loved ones.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sorry, for posting again, but I thought it might be a good idea, to add something to our avatars as has been done in the past to actively show support to the victims of hurricane Katrina. Any sudgestions?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thank you for your support. My wife, an ER nurse, has contacted her employer about a two- or three-week assignment in Louisiana. What she will probably get is plane fare and a room, but no pay for the duration. She is fine with that, as am I, although it might impact our vacation plans in November.

We're fortunate to live in Arizona where there are no hurricanes, tsunami, or flooding; I believe we all have a moral obligation to help our brothers and sisters in Louisiana and Mississippi. It's heartening to know that ATS family memebers from overseas share our concern.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
I believe we all have a moral obligation to help our brothers and sisters in Louisiana and Mississippi..

You can be proud of your wife
(I don’t think I have to tell you that). It’s always the people that pack up and leave their home confronted to no obligation, to help others in a disaster area that stand the tall among the heroes. The volunteer spirit is a precious thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Im from London as this is on the front of everyones minds here also,
We share in the sorrow of those who have lost lives in this, And those who continue to struggle,

Its really quite shocking how this is turning out, I think when we first heard here in the UK it was a feeling of sadness for those caught up, But as the days go on and we realize the scale of this event and we are shocked!

Are news is covering it fully, and with the images i cant help but cry,

I hope that we can all pull together as countrys and support the US with aid and anything else thats needed,

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
TheDarkFlame, I think this thread is an excellent topic. Well done.

I would just like everyone to know that what asala says is correct. I think the UK were not expecting this scenario either. We are all shocked and saddened.

I can't believe this has happened! So many people's lives lost and destroyed.
The damaged is utterly unbelievable. My heart and thought's are with the families who have to face this harrowing experience. I can only hope they can find the strength to face what has happened and carry on somehow.

Truly saddening!

p.s: I think that showing our support through an avatar is a great idea.

[edit on 1/9/2005 by redize]

new topics

top topics

join