It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Central and Censoring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I just want to applaude Comedy Central for how it deals with censoring... which is finding ways around it. It first began with South park, where they said the S word 162 times. They expected to be bombarded with complaints... but really recieved it's highest ratings up to that date. Also, it's Secret Stash is doing great. this is where they play one movie, such as South park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. During this "Secret Stash", they have no censors what-so-ever. They say every curse word under the son. No matter how vulger. And have there been any complaints? Compared to most shows where they'll get fined for saying dammit, they get hardly any. In Chappelle's show... they rarely censor anything. Comedy Central is among the biggest tv networks right now, and it's doing all this without having to pay fines, and send out apologies. I just wish other stations would start doing this... but maybe this is just me. I hate censoring. It's not what the kids watch that determine how they grow up... it's their lifestyle.

Go Comedy Central!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yeah comedy central rules. It's liek the only channel I watch. go Daily Show!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Any cable channel can do this but many do not for fear of losing advertising dollars from familty friendly companies. I do agree that it is nice to see some movies without the horrible censoring they usually do.

join