It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all of the Command and Conquer generation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have been reading about the latest in microwave weaponry on this board, these two topics in particular:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Upgrades on systems such as these in the near future may enable these weapons to be deployed in orbit and used to destroy a fleet of ships, cities, or shoot down ICBM's.

And I have a confession of sorts. The Illuminati must exist, or some form or entity of it at least.

These microwave weapons are the same weapons I was playing around with in the earlier versions of C&C. My high school US History teacher always felt that these games were the future of warfare and were meant to train us not soley entertain, though she said this with a bit of humor attached. But now I believe her words were true.

Has some organization produced and published these games to develop a new soldier, a new way of thinking about war tactics were such weapons will be deployed. What next, Mirage Tanks, Plasma tanks? It's as if we are actually a guinea pig generation meant to master the techniques of these 'games'.

Are video games slowly becomming the future of war tactics and weaponry?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Has some organization produced and published these games to develop a new soldier, a new way of thinking about war tactics were such weapons will be deployed. What next, Mirage Tanks, Plasma tanks? It's as if we are actually a guinea pig generation meant to master the techniques of these 'games'.

Westwood Studios, Electronic Arts, and just about every other profit seeking computer games company out there. Before there were computers and video games there was Avalon Hill.

Paying war games goes back to the ancient Egyptians with the precursor to Chess. PEople play games for fun and to learn.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Frosty

LOL, no.

I've worked on many video games over the past 5years. And such concepts as "Mirage tanks and plasma tanks" are not hard to come up with.. I've personally came up with many similar concepts relating to the particular games ive worked on that I've later seen.

Basically what I do in my way of forming new ideas is to take something known and give it some imagination. If you sit there with a pen and a piece of paper use your imagination you'll come up with alsorts of crazy stuff that just happens to often be possible. As I personally derive alot of my ideas from real-life, and also a novice understanding of physics helps too.

One of my primary roles is to write the concepts. Also many concepts are derived from a few concept artists, and some of the best ideas have originated from dreams.

Although video-games often seem very real, there efforts of hard work and imagination of many people. I can assure you, there's no conspiracy behind it.

Vorta

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wasnt the world trade center blown up in one of the command and conquer cinematics?

I loved that game its a real classic I used to play it in multi player and people would allways insist on havester truces and I would say yes but only if their harvesters dont come on my base then use power plants to get arvilisks of light to the tiberium fields to zap enemy harvesters and since they are a base structure I wasnt breaking the deal rofl

sorry this game just brings back many fond memories lol

new topics

top topics

join