It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are there really unicorns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro

Originally posted by ohiostate416
I heard that they are actually the product of the devil and that they were denied entry on noahs ark. Is this true?

What I was told when I was younger (like..7 or so) was that the unicorns where busy playing and didn't make it on time (so..the ark left with out em)

I actually have heard that when I was young and thought it to be hilarious -- Noah is sent to save god's creations and he's putting them on the clock!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Time is money

Perhaps the horn device is again used as a relation to evil. The goat, bull, sheep, whatever again horned, and twisted to mock a god image.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by atomica_26]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ancient Babylonia - The Ishtar Gate (604 to 562 B.C.)

It has Lions and Unicorns on it.. ive read about this somewhere and seen up close pictures of the unicorns but cant find them right now.. maybe someone else can.. since it had i think other real animals also on it archiologists thought that there was possible that unicorns did exist also but is now extinct.

here you have some reproductions of the gate..
architecture.about.com...
www.bible-history.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The words unicorn and unicorns are in the Bible; Fact is they are mentioned 9 times in the (KJV).

Num 23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Num 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies,
and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.

Deu 33:17 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Job 39:9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Job 39:10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psa 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psa 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Psa 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Isa 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and
their dust made fat with fatness.

However, ALL above references are refered to as a wild bull...

H7214
רם רים ראים ראם
re'êm re'êym rêym rêm
reh-ame', reh-ame', rame, rame
From H7213; a wild bull (from its conspicuousness): - unicorn.

(When you read the above verses when you come across "unicorn(s)" replace with "wild bull or wild bulls" and the verses will make a bit more sense to you.)

Related links:
www.christiananswers.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-11-2005 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Are you telling me they wouldnt think THIS was a unicorn.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohiostate416
I was wondering if there are really unicorns? I heard that they are actually the product of the devil and that they were denied entry on noahs ark. Is this true?

Here are a few scenarios you might want to consider...

Sorry... I just couldn't resist...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Nope, don't think they ever existed. There was a show on the History Channel, that taught the Ancient Greeks found dinosaur bones, & not knowing what they were, associated them with Griffins, Cyclops, giants, & other mythical beasts.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There's a depiction of a christian saint batteling a unicorn, cant remember who though.

I believe that a unicorn is probably an african animal of some kind that looks a bit like a horse, a gazelle (sp.?) for instance, with a genetic disorder resulting in a single horn. This has been seen with both cows and goats.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
I believe that a unicorn is probably an african animal of some kind that looks a bit like a horse, a gazelle (sp.?) for instance, with a genetic disorder resulting in a single horn. This has been seen with both cows and goats.

Well there is a rare deformity of the generative tissues with goats where the male have one "dominant" horn and one smaller horn. And many times the unicorn is described as a horse with goat hooves ( Wikipedia ). There is also a relation between the Capricorn (goat) and the Unicorn... Maybe you're on the spot, Thain? Maybe myth and reality became mixed up along the timeline?

Mountain goat, Milwaukee Zoo, 2005-04-10

There is also in the book of Daniel 8:5 a reference to such a goat:
And as I was considering, behold, a he-goat came from the west over the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

And a "one horned" animal is far from impossible. One Dr Dove did some experiments and he came up with a "Unicorn bull"... Article on Dr Dove's bull

And then fact became fiction...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSurfer
Ancient Babylonia - The Ishtar Gate (604 to 562 B.C.)

It has Lions and Unicorns on it.. ive read about this somewhere and seen up close pictures of the unicorns but cant find them right now.. maybe someone else can.. since it had i think other real animals also on it archiologists thought that there was possible that unicorns did exist also but is now extinct.

here you have some reproductions of the gate..
architecture.about.com...
www.bible-history.com...

The Ishtar gate doesn't have unicorns, as far as I know, but it does have lions, bulls, and dragons. The bull, depicted from the side, may resemble a unicorn, but is, indeed, a tribute to the bull god who helped to protect the city.

For more information on the creatures of the Ishtar gate: www.zyworld.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join