It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I am Canadian" Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I found this story interesting. It doesnt fit a particular category really.

A U.S. judge blasted Canadian teen Travis Biehn and called his parents too lenient Wednesday, as he sent the youth back into detention on bomb-related charges and ordered him to attend a wilderness program.

He was convicted June 13 of scrawling a bomb threat on the wall of his school's bathroom and collecting explosive materials that police found in his bedroom.

This was what caught my eye.

Portrayed by prosecutors as a dangerous kid who hates Americans, partly because he wore an "I am Canadian" T-shirt to a court appearance, Biehn has been in custody since his arrest early last month.

What.

Seriously, im at a loss for words.

And while the judge rejected suggestions the case had anything to do with Canada-U.S. relations, probation officers wanted to require Biehn write letters to U.S. soldiers serving in Iraq as a sign of support for the United States.

What!

What is going on here.

"What kind of judgment does that show?" asked the judge, who said he thinks the youth spends too much time with his parents.

What ?

Too much time with his parents? This after his father brought him some books?

What a great story. For me to......... etc.

Source

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Alot of that is ridiculous. He is from Canada and is proud of it. Nothing "terroristic" about that.

He shouldn't however had scribbled that bomb threat.

I like to see explosions so maybe this kid does to and was making an explosive to detonate away from others to watch it? Heck I like fire but I don't go around setting things on fire.

Writing letters to U.S. troops? What is he going to say, "Hi, my name is (blank), and I was convicted of a terrorist action. Part of my punishment is to write you fanmail. So enjoy! I love Canada, where I'm from, and got in to trouble for it. etc. etc." I wouldn't something like that sent to me!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Canadian....not terrorist, eh!

Maybe Judge Biehn's family is originally from Newfoundland too. Wouldn't that be a kicker!

Wow, suddenly thirsty!!!

[edit on 21/7/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hillarious, a beer shirt. Like AL pointed out. Two things, first the judge shoud do a little research, a frickin beer shirt. I mean, Jeez, frog voices "Bud - wis - er". It isn't that difficult. Two, the kid should have his ass kicked.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The article refers to books on terrorism given to the boy, but it does not accuse him of being a terrorist. The judge clearly states

Judge Kenneth Biehn, who's no relation, said the 17-year-old is no terrorist but an "arrogant, guarded, defensive, immature, attention-seeking" youth

Not to mention the "several kilograms of potassium nitrate, fuses, tubing. etc." said to have been found in the kids home.
He is obviously troubled in some way, and if anything it's the parents resonsibility to deter kids away from this type of violence.

There's also been plenty of evidence over the years, said the judge, of inappropriate behaviour and disrespect from Biehn, who has been in trouble for shooting paintballs at cars, selling a home-made napalm substance to kids at school and hacking into school computers.

new topics

top topics

join