It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle has a new mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was watching a show about a guy looking for Fligth 19 in the Triangle today, and he discovered a new mystery. This show was a couple of years old, and I had seen it before, but I completely forgot about this. He went diving down on a target they thought was an Avenger torpedo bomber, and found five of them grouped together. They got excited thinking that they had found Flight 19 at last, so went back to search the records for the registration numbers of the planes, and found that they were five Avengers that had crashed over several years in the same area, and had come to rest next to each other in a group. The current theory is that there is a methane pocket in that area, and the planes flew through it, lost engine power and crashed into the ocean.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that the triangle is a place of some magnetic polorization or something - something completely natural. It wacks out the systems in the plains and ships, they go down. That they all pooled together in the same place kind of reinforces my initial thoughts :-)

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow, that's bizzare. Really strange coincidence that it happened to 5 different planes at 5 different times, but they were all of the same model. Did the Avenger have some flaw with it's engines where a methane pocket would knock them out but others wouldn't have a problem?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Methane would affect just about any plane engine, because it would cut down on the oxygen going into the engine. I'm not sure why it was only Avengers, but it makes for an interesting mystery.

I saw some really cool experiments they did with ships and methane. If a methane bubble comes up direcly under the middle, or stern of the ship, it will be ok. If it comes up under the bow, it will sink in about 5 seconds. The bow will drop, while the stern stays in the water with the prop pushing it forward right underwater.

top topics

join