It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Planet , Discovery 6pm tonight(UK + REP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just a heads up for anyone in uk/ireland,

6pm tonight "Alien planet" on discovery :

A virtual journey to Darwin VI, another planet seven light years away, where creatures thrive in an environment that is extremely different from ours

Info on programs
dsc.discovery.com...

I'll be watching , Merkz out..

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sounds pretty good, i will watch it if i can!
Thanks for the Holla!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ive seen the show before its pretty cool, the creatures they made up are very weird and totally crazy. dont miss this show dudes.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wasnt there a movie made a while ago like this, except about how evolution might go on earth in a few thousand years?

I been trying to find out what the name of it was, so i can rent / buy it.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I dont think it was a movie just a program on discovery,

Link :animal.discovery.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That was good!

I thought that thick gooey sea with the big monsters was awesome!
A lot of guess work going on for sure, the only disappointing thing was they never guessed too much on the intelligent Aliens at the end. Had them kill the ships, then that was it! Would have been nice to see a bit more about them.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think the dissaperance of "leo" might have something to do with intelligent life, the next installment is the same time next week. I have to say its a very surreal world they depict but i'd expect an alien world to be just that, they also show of some nice theoretical technology too.

I'll be watching next week !

Merkz out..

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
after the program could someone also say (for us here in north amarica and other countrys around the world who dont get it) what happend in it and a rating or anything else

it would be appresiated thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would give it an initial 4stars from 5 rating. It was almost all animation, with little comments from various Scientists, and the animation was very good(As you would expect these days!)
It was a fantasy journey in the future, of what scientists would expect to find and happen if(or when) such a mission became possible.
A Space Craft was blasted off into space, heading for a planet around 4 light years away. When the craft got close to the planet, 2 explorers are sent to the surface, called Leo and Ike(named after Leonardo DaVince, and Isaac Newton). The two basically just travelled around on the planet, beaming back info to earth of the sights and life that was on the planet.
The life discovered was very strange and varied, quite hard to explain in detail, but just sci-fi type things, but which would supposedly be real and living on such a planet.
The show was called "Alien Planet", worth checking out if it is aired in your parts!

top topics

join