It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mothman Prophecies by John A. Keel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was wondering if anybody has read this book, because i'm in the middle of it at the moment. Just looking for some opinions i guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i saw the movie, and a wierd thing happened after i saw it...i noticed a painting my mother drew many years before and the picture was of the black angle type thing..creeped me right out!i have never asked her about it though

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
by the way do u belive these accounts with the moth man to be true?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i read the book in 1989. It was one of the scariest experiences of my life...and I'm serious.

The movie was a joke, a disappointment, and proof that Hollywood will lie when the truth is more dramatic. I was more than sorely disappointed.

Are you enjoying the book? And I'm glad to finally find some one who has actually read the book.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
the book was very detailed...which would make it hard for it all to be false....i really enjoyed it though, i finished it last night

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have (and have read) that book. As a researcher, I really appreciated the way Mr. Keel presents his data and forms his theories. I don't want to give away the main theme but let us know when you realize just what he's trying to say about the beings in question.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I've read it, and I think it is a scary book..
Not too sure about one thing though, but the reference to Chernobyl surely is invalid because I (THINK) Chernobyl was AFTER the events in the book, but it sounds like it is refered to as past tense in the book?
Someone please help clarify, thanks

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
this book has been recommended to me more than a few times, so I went to my university's library to take out a copy. out of the literally millions of books they have, they don't have a copy of The Mothman Prophecies. I thought that was really strange.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
MC, its not that strange. I had to really search to find my copy but that was before the movie publicity. I think there has been a reprinting since it was released. You might try Amazon or Barnes and Noble. I'm not sure why a library that large would not carry it but that is curious.

In the forward of the edition I have, Mr. Keel eludes to the fact that the Pt. Pleasant WVA library only has one old first edition copy. Seems they have long forgotten the events leading up to such a dissaster.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Keel had a tendency to be overly dramatic, but he was one of the truley great field researchers in the paranormal. He actually got out and did the legwork. His ideas on our relationship with these phenomena is probably leaps and bounds ahead of most other researchers. He almost recognises a quantum, self-referential aspect to these incidents.

new topics

top topics

join