It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We- Centauri ?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Was driving down the road today when a thought struck me: are we an Alpha-Centauran colony? Consider the following:

Alpha Centauri is a special star - not only because it is the closest stellar system to the sun but also because it is one of the relatively few places in the Milky Way Galaxy that may offer terrestrial life conditions. If humanity looks for intelligent life elsewhere, then Alpha Centauri is an excellent candidate.

Look at the three stars. Now look at the three main racial divisions of humanity: African, Asian, Proto-European. Consider skin pigmentation adaptation to surface radiation on planets- or artificial colonies- orbiting Alpha Centauri A, Alpha Centauri B, and Proxima Centauri.

Now consider the stellar lifetimes of the three stars:

The fourth condition concerns the stars' ages. The Sun is about 4.6 billion years old, so on Earth life had enough time to develop. A star must be old enough to give life a chance to evolve. Remarkably, Alpha Centauri A and B are even older than the Sun, they have an age of 5 to 6 billion years, therefore they pass this test with glamour, too.

A Billion Years Older.

More time for life to evolve.

Stars closer together, planets if present able to be colonized even by Apollo-style technology within the system itself.

Alpha Centauri may have been the cradle of three starfaring races.

And we may be the 'farthest colony'- and possibly the only one that survived.

Anyone know the origin of the old name for Centauri (Rigel Kentaurus)?

Conspiracy Note: if you read the website linked above very carefully, you will see it references the Face On Mars and the Martian Pyramids as 'possibly... relics of ancient civilizations..."- despite the fact that it is a serious scientific website. Which would not be notable, except that I found it as a reference on an official NASA website: antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think the universe has existed long enough for Earth to be part of a far larger conglomeration of advanced civilizations. Not just co-opted by a local group, but from beings several galaxies apart. If Fermi's Paradox holds true, then I can only imagine Earth is some type of nature reserve that is purposefully kept in a more primitive condition and away from greater intergalactic knowledge.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What does this have to do with the various races on Earth? Are you saying that Asians didn't come from Asia but from Alpha Centauri B, Caucasians from A, Africans from Proxima?

That sounds pretty outrageous.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The possibility that we originated elsewhere as a species has always seemed just as likely as the idea we evolved here naturally. For all our tools of Science and Knowledge we are really just guessing.

But I do think that as we can investigate more of the Universe we will find that the Earth is not all that unique. I certainly think that life has evolved on places that we do not consider 'life supporting'. We think in such limited terms.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
What does this have to do with the various races on Earth? Are you saying that Asians didn't come from Asia but from Alpha Centauri B, Caucasians from A, Africans from Proxima?

That sounds pretty outrageous.

Absolutely outrageous. And yes, it is almost what I am suggesting. Try instead Caucasians from Proxima, Africans from Alpha, Asians from Beta.

This just struck me as a possibility out of the blue, but I must have been thinking about it subconsiously for years- there is an old movie called Women of the Prehistoric Planet that has this as a plot- but they never show graphically the luminescent relationship of the Centauri suns, nor do they offer a scientifically feasable way to get a spaceship from Sol to Centauri. After hearing about the US Navy design for a 100 year misssion to Centauri, I think my subconsious made some connections.

And I do now entertain this theory as a serious possibility.

Interestingly enough, the three root races all share a cosmic origin story:

African peoples point to the stars as their point of origin (for example, the Dogon people); Asians refer to themselves as the Celestials (for example, the ancient Chinese); and the ancient Scandinavians worshiped the Gods of Asgaard who dwelt in Heaven and fathered mankind on the Earth.

If this is true, the question then becomes fourfold:

1. Are the homeworlds still inhabited;
  2. If so, are the people still civilized, or have they regressed?
  3. If they are civilized, are we still in contact with them covertly?
  4. Are there other colonies among the stars besides Sol?

We could be an experiment- to determine if there is hope for us all to get along and live together in peace.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Chakotay]

top topics

join