It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Had a drink or 2 tonight so bear with me....
One of the arguments against aliens being oppresors is....If they can travel this far to reach us, why attack/kill us?
My thoughts....
1) We have water. plenty of water. No where else in our solar system have we found water. Yes we have found evidence on Mars, but not actual water.
2) We could be canon fodder for their wars...looking for slaves to fight for them.
3) We (scary to think) could be food for them.
4) We could be strategiacally placed.
5) ETC....

Now for those who beliee they are here to help us.....
1) Why haven't they shown themselves. Some of us may not be able to accept the fact that we are not alone. But there are those of us who are. Why not use these people to further the idea we are not alone?
2) While I'll agree that there are persons and even Govt's who would use this to their advantage...a race able to travel the distances between our 2 worlds, would surely know the difference.
3) Being from the USA, and knowing the strife going on here...plus the attrocities happening around the world. What are they waiting for?

Do I think we are alone in the universe...NO!! That would be crazy. With the number of galaxies and hell stars out there...there has to be some other intelligent life.
Now if they are here to help why hide? The Govt's of the world, if they know...are only looking out for themselves. If you are here to help, why not go directly to the people? Going to the Govt, only gives them leverage over the people. If they are here to help, and they have the technology to get here...surely they must know better....
Now if they are here to control, subjugate, and enslave us. What better way to do it than get our own Govt's involved.

Give me some thoughts.......

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Aliens are foreigners to their surroundings. The word is commonly used in law to denote non-citizens of the country of their whereabouts, and in other cases such as science fiction, conspiracy theory and new-age discourse to denote extraterrestrial beings. The term can be used in a broader manner to refer to any object or concept. As an adjective it can be used to describe something foreign or something so different as to be uncomprehensible or incompatible

[edit on 29-6-2005 by JBurns]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What about option 3 , their here just to study us. In which case revealing that to the general population , would cause us to act differently , thus disrupting their study.

Or the experimentation is so nefarious the Government believes the General population would panic if they knew the truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Anyone who doesn't believe in aliens is an alien themself!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
CS

Aliens are in contact mostly with the civilian population, civilians go to work in government facilities and bring the knowledge from the aliens with them. Aliens are also in contact with governments and militaries but not enough to put them at ease or in complete control of alien knowledge and technology.

Militaries are powerful and can and will abuse their power that is why democracies keep the power in civilian hands as does America. Aliens do the same thing when dealing with us they put the power and most of the knowledge about them in civilian hands.

The vast number of people who have alien contact do not talk about it----they don't have to-----some of us talk about it-----but we are never take seriously, but that’s ok----if the aliens wanted everyone to know about them everyone would know about them.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I always like to consider how we 'study' other animals on this planet.

We sometimes use hides, probes, and drugs when we use tags so that the animal is as unstressed as possible.

If we had a way of making the animal forget the encounter with us, I am sure we would use that.

Our intention is the increase of knowledge, as we all know knowledge does bring power.

I would suspect that a more advanced race would follow a similar doctrine.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
I always like to consider how we 'study' other animals on this planet.

We sometimes use hides, probes, and drugs when we use tags so that the animal is as unstressed as possible.

So true.

It's interesting - when we look at the history of mankind exploring the Earth, humans were pretty irreverent (for lack of a better word) to their surroundings - they killed things that were foriegn (animals, other humans..) - whereas now that we have a more structured (also, for lack of a better word
) social, technological, cultural and political environment, scientific and geological exploration is done with greater foresight, study and thought.

Get my drift?

So I guess aliens are just more aware of the damage they can do if their presence is too well known.

I think if they have the capabilities to travel billions of light years, they have the power to exterminate us. And we're still here, right?

top topics

join