It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marketing hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Edgar Ray Killen murder case has reawakened one of the most harrowing chapters of the civil rights era.

Should we be concern with a new wave of racial hate in our country? perhaps things are not as peaceful as it may seem.

The center's Intelligence Project, which monitors hate groups and activities throughout the United States, found that the Stormfront Forum, a leading Internet site run by a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, reported 46,300 members as of March — more than twice the number only 16 months earlier.

I guess the case that has been in the news for the past month or so is opening a door to new members to take sites on supremacy groups.

Should we be afraid?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Should we be afraid?

It's hard to say. Before Bush took office, I would have said things are definitely heading in the right direction (tho there will always be racists of every stripe). But now, the Christian fundamentalist movement is starting to really give me the creeps. And I'm a CHRISTIAN!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think we should always be afraid of racial hate and do what we can to deter it. I think the jump in the kkk website numbers may have to do with the length of time we are staying in Iraq. The kkk tends to like whites only and right now they get to hate muslims in addition to blacks.

I am glad the case ended the way it did to bring closure. Will we ever see any kind of closure on racial issues in this world? No. As long as we all have differences, someone or some group will take notice and take issue with it. Funny thing, all these big bad boys that run the KKK are actually responding out of fear. It is amazing how the color of ones skin can make grown men and women so afraid.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You said it. Racism (wherever it comes from) is the most infantile reaction.

You also hit something dead on the head. The fuel for this Iraq invasion/occupation is so many Americans' mostly irrational hatred for Arabs. They don't know the first thing about them, yet they HATE them! Makes so much sense.

It took me awhile to figure it out, but its as clear as day now.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
EastCoastKid--A Bible-believing Christian by definition is a fundamentalist.

A true "fundie" uses the Bible only as his/her guide.

God instituted governments. He created nations. He meant for us to have sovereign nations--a NWO is satanic. The first guy to try to create a NWO was Nimrod, but we know what happened there. God confused their languages and everyone scattered.

A good Christian would obey the Bible first, the Constitution second.

I seriously doubt Bush is a Christian. I'd say pseudo-Christian. The people at Reformation.org call him a Fatima Crusader.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
God instituted governments. He created nations. He meant for us to have sovereign nations

Incorrect. Go back and look at the early old Testament. Look at His people Israel. He absolutely did not mean for them to be led by a King (i.e. government). He knew under kings they would suffer greatly. He gave them the Ten Commandments and the Levite order to guide them in the law. Israel rebelled and demanded a king, so that they might "be like other nations." And trust me when I say, they got exactly what they asked for.

Hence the old saying, Don't ask for something; you just might get it.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It's hard to say. Before Bush took office, I would have said things are definitely heading in the right direction (tho there will always be racists of every stripe). But now, the Christian fundamentalist movement is starting to really give me the creeps. And I'm a CHRISTIAN!

Crazy Religious Extremeists of any Religion Freak me out. They always have. Bah there are many in my country.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
How are any of these religious extremists any different from the other? They're all repressive, regressive and filled with hatred for anyone who does not conform to their beliefs. Its sad.

top topics

join