It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just a little something I discovered while reading an article here about the 757 that crashed into the Pentagon in 2001. I'm not sure this is the place to post this but anyway. While reading the article one of the pictures had the length of each wall on it, they are 921 ft long. That in itself seems odd enough to me. If you work a little numerology on the lenght it could go something like this:

9+2+1=12
1+2=3
3*5=15
1+5=6

So the Pentagon's number is 6, dimensionally, one third of the beastly triad, 666. I tried to find out who designed the building but no luck so far. Anyway, just something that caught my eye this afternoon.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Is the five in your equation, how many sides the pentagon has? Also I think that is a bit paranoid.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yes the 5 in the equation is the number of sides in the building. I don't think I'm paranoid.....
lol I just saw the number 921 and thought what would cause the designer to decide on such an odd number. This to me indicates that either he "picked" this number for an as yet undiscovered reason, or he was designing around something else and the exterior just fell out to this dimension. Either way interesting to me.

Oh just for the record I don't believe in coincidents.......

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by N_Jones
Yes the 5 in the equation is the number of sides in the building. I don't think I'm paranoid.....
lol I just saw the number 921 and thought what would cause the designer to decide on such an odd number. This to me indicates that either he "picked" this number for an as yet undiscovered reason, or he was designing around something else and the exterior just fell out to this dimension. Either way interesting to me.

Oh just for the record I don't believe in coincidents.......

Sorry to say it, but your links to the "6" are way off the mark.

There is symbology in the Pentagon, but it's connected with the Number 5 , not 6. Here it is in stats:

1. The Pentagon has 5 sides.
2. The building consists of 5 rings.
3. It has 5 floors above ground.
4. the Central Courtyard covers 5 achers

Here's the reasons for the five.

1. There are five main elements to defense: Command & Control, Communications, Intelligence, Security, and fighting forces.

2. The Five fighting components of the US militarty: Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard.

3. Five member team of advisors to the president: Secratary of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs, Army Chief of Staff, Air Force Chief of Staff, Chief of Naval Operations)

4. Five major types of military operations: Defensive, Strategic, Tactical, Covert/Special, Support

For More information on the Pentagon, visit:www.defenselink.mil...

Next time, please do some research of you own before you run home crying Conspircy! There was a reason for the Pentagon's design, but evil spirits and so called "Devil's Numbers had Nothing to do with it at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well Mr. Ghost.......... I guess I thought wrong about this board being for open discussion.

As far is being "way off the mark", maybe, maybe not. Only the designer knows the intent. I was simply pointing out something that just struck me as odd. I am a designer, not of buildings but of cabinets for refrigerators and freezers, and when I'm designing something I try to use numbers that "work out". Even numbers, whole numbers, easy numbers for the people who manufacture the parts to read and to work with. So I do know that when people design something there is a reason for the dimensions they use. It may or may not be for sinister purposes, but like I said only the designer knows for sure.

I did go to the Pentagon web site and I did do a little research before I posted that here. I do agree that all the things you listed here are symbolized in the building. However, from the Pentagon's web site I could not discover who the designer is, if you have that info it would be great if you could post it.

Like I said the number just struck me as odd. Just one other thing here; there are people out there that believe in the forces of "good" and/or "evil" whether you do or not, and they use things that they believe symbolize that power hoping it will manifest it self in some way for their gain.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Here's the reasons for the five.

1. There are five main elements to defense: Command & Control, Communications, Intelligence, Security, and fighting forces.

2. The Five fighting components of the US militarty: Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard.

3. Five member team of advisors to the president: Secratary of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs, Army Chief of Staff, Air Force Chief of Staff, Chief of Naval Operations)

4. Five major types of military operations: Defensive, Strategic, Tactical, Covert/Special, Support

True, but adjust your argument that when the Pentagon was first designed and built the U.S. did not have a Department of Defense, a Secretary of Defense, or a separate Air Force. During WWII it was the War Dept., Secretary of War, and the Air Force was part of the Army. The 1949 creation of the Dept. of Defense was not merely a name change, but a whole new department into which the War Dept. was absorbed and few other agencies created or absorbed.

There is no numerology involved. The 5 sides was how the architect (at one time I knew his name) could get the required number of square feet of office space onto the irregular shaped area he had to work with. Wartime urgency gave a short deadline for completion and there was not much time for analysis of alternative designs. The 5 sided building worked so they ran with it.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by dave_54]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
lol so many people think 666 and the devil and such have something to do with the U.S or the U.S government lol. No one ever says its in China, the communist state where there are small or limited freedoms or in the middle east..always seems to be in the U.S

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So......... has anybody figured out who designed the Pentagon? I would like to look into his background.

What so many fail to realize is that, like I said in my earlier post, even if you don't believe in "fairy tales" others do. In fact I believe that some people believe in it so strongly that they lose sight of whats really going on around them. I also think those types of people leave clues for us to find. It tends to give them a sense of power.

Also just for the record I believe that a New (One) World Order is on it's way and I figure the US Military/Industrial machine will figure promanitely (sp?) in it. Oh and just another tidbit of insight I don't believe that that's necessarily a bad thing.......

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
True, but adjust your argument that when the Pentagon was first designed and built the U.S. did not have a Department of Defense, a Secretary of Defense, or a separate Air Force. During WWII it was the War Dept., Secretary of War, and the Air Force was part of the Army. The 1949 creation of the Dept. of Defense was not merely a name change, but a whole new department into which the War Dept. was absorbed and few other agencies created or absorbed.
[edit on 22-6-2005 by dave_54]

You know, I didn't think about that! Your are right that the Pentagon was designed before the Defense Department existed. Also the Air Force didn't exist until it split from the Army in 1947. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Sorry if I confused anyone!

top topics

join