It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: The Parting of the Ways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well I just finished watching the final Doctor Who episode with Eccelston as the Doctor and it was fricken brilliant...no it was FANTASTIC! I especially liked the way they introduced the new doctor at the end and the whol "Bad Wolf" scenario really panned out well in my book. So what did you guys think of the 27th season of this FANTASTIC show? IMHO Eccelston is the Second best doctor behind Tom Baker and I have high hopes for the next doctor.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yeah that was a great season/series!! Great effects...greatly improved since the older series lol! But i don't really like the idea of swapping actors to play the part of one character...even though that is what is meant to happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Orrrsum series it has just started here in australia.
Tom Baker is still my favourite TIMELORD but Eccelston is still pretty
close.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eventuality
Yeah that was a great season/series!!

- Agree. Hopefully the sign of the quality to come, even if it was a little 'camp' in places (I guess that is the charm of it still being a 'family show'......although I loved the darker edge that was apparant in places).

But i don't really like the idea of swapping actors to play the part of one character...even though that is what is meant to happen.

- IMO that is one of the strokes of genius in the original writing. Admittedly it can be a bit double-edged if you get a below-par Dr. (poor old Sylvester, it wasn't his fault the scripts were nose-diving) but nevertheless being able to change actor in a manner consistent with the original idea avoids the usual awkward change of actor so many other series go through.

(It's hardly the end of the world for them but don't you just hate it when a lead actor you were used to and liked just changes without a word and they just carry on as if it were nothing?)

Tom Baker I agree, was the Dr for so long (although it's probably more a generational thing.....my older brother was always fondest of Patrick Troughton) , I must admit I love the way Tom Baker has reemerged with things like British version of 'The life and loves of a She-Devil' (his cleric was masterful
) and his voice-overs in Little Britain are a major part of what makes it so funny IMO.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

join