It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I laugh at these forums sometimes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I could'nt find the 'correct' forum to put this in, if there is one.

FIrstly, I like this website, its fun to read about some stuff on here.

But I have noticed that there are alot of conspiracy 'freaks' here, and people who think the world is oging ot get blown up sometime soon by some freak alien force from the orion nebula. Along those lines...

Now I am probably going to get flamed for this, but I am just saying what lots of peopole think.

I am not saying stop with your 'theorys' but im just posting this cos im bored really.

Dont worry alien nerds, this earth has been here for millions and millions of years, the hcances of some alien force blowing it up tommorow are very slim. lol

Also, I laugh at the people who think they know about these 'top secret' projects, like I saw a post about someone saying Area 51 is a ocver up of a more secret area. lol . Maybe it is, but how the hell would a common person like you know? All this kind of stuff is around these boards... makes me laugh sometimes.

And of course we get intelligent posts that actually have an effect on todays world, and not what will happen if aliens come from the orion nebula and blow us up. I think you watch to much star trek.

But anything is possible, why not discuss it? Fine, but when you make yourselves sound so logical about something so illogical, its funny. To me...

Have fun posting!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Let me be the first to offer a heart-felt "NO THANK YOU" on your offer to step up as the analyzer of the member-body here.

I don't think we need that position right now. But I'm sure some one can get back to you if they find a large number of the members need to be called freaks, nerds or any other non-endearing names.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't even notice the conspiracy nerds. We have those?

But I sure notice the people that come to a conspiracy site to say there are no conspiracies and the goverment is A-1 Super Duper Bestest Buddy.

I think they have severe issues.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree with the thread starter but not on all. I too often wondered about some of the posts and wonder how so many get responses. I use this site for humor but will sometimes find interesting things with "real" facts. Just don't get too serious about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Callisto I understand where your coming from often I find myself laughing having read a thread. I avoid those threads like the plague logic and reasoning has usual taken a hoilday. Political debate is one of my passions in terms of conspiracys my beliefs wouldnt even register on the metre.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Callisto, Your post is like a breath of fresh air!

What pisses me off the most...

- Anything about the "Camo Dudes" aka Air Force Security/MPs, Federal Police.
- Area 51. I hope they start arresting people that come there to harass and test the security. HEAVY FINES I HOPE THEY ALL GET!
- The JFK assassination being a big conspiracy. The Warren Report is Correct!
- Roswell UFO Crash... Project Mogul! duh!
- David Icke. And his Alice in Wonderland and Robot reptiles from the matrix that rebelled, that are stuck in a time loop, which is the biggest secret, which they find out the truth shall set them free, and the infinate love is the only truth.

As I said before, There are a few conspiracy theories that are worthy of investigations, namely the Anthrax mailings and The Suicides in the Clinton administration. Those involve murder and true conspiracies and cover-ups. But people are wasting their time on crap like Area 51 and Roswell.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Although I also find some of the forums a bit out there for me I would not call people "freaks". People form opinions and beliefs all the time and I am sure you (original poster) may have some viewpoints that others may find out there. I see no problem in stating in a forum that you don't buy into it and giving your opinion but it can be done with consideration for others as well. I think the site allows for various opinions and does not seem to forbid any as long as you don't intentional flame or attack others.

I have actually read some stuff that has caused me to think twice. Give it some time and follow the links and you may be surprised, I know I have been a few times.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There be aliens in my pants, oh wait that's just hank and the twins.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

ROFLMFAO!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
COOL!

That means we REALLY ARE a news site.
Part reality, part entertainment!
We did it!

Did you know, that on other planets, bananas have evolved to
be the dominant intelligent species?

and....they have rhythm!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
LOL..

I agree a lot of people on here are probally VERY mentally unhealthy.. and I don't like the fact the mods encourage it.

I usually go by the alien forums for fun and uh.. look for yourself it's gotten a little worse because the "End of the World" posters are sort of filtering in. I just either waste my time posting an arguement.. or just laugh and move on.

I mean it's cool to read about real occurences and evidence sometimes.. it's interesting stuff.. but a lot of times it's clouded by a bunch of people with no sense of humor.. and really no intellgence.

Flame me if you have to.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There are some points which the original poster brushed up against that I may agree with. I often times find myself fed up with people who automatically believe a conspiracy theory just because it's a conspiracy theory, or somehow find the underground news sources to be more trustworthy than regular ones (Because they somehow have access to all that extra information...right?...). But as RANT so sarcastically pointed out in typical RANT fashion, this IS a conspiracy board. There will be conspiracy theorists. The ones I worry about are the ones with blatant schizophrenia.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
The ones I worry about are the ones with blatant schizophrenia.

Of which there are quite a few.

Some are though.. just disillusional.. but still sound logical as they talk about communicating through spirit feathers to alien races and stuff.. those are just funny.

The ones with schizophrenia are just sad.. and I feel the moderators should ban them or something.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Mods..

Cough Cough..

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Mods..

Cough Cough..

These guys really make me laugh on this site!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thats why I like bts more because its more away from the "aliens are gunna kill us all." Its more layed back and humorous.

top topics

join