It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic dust storm enters Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The Sun's shifting magnetic field is set to focus a decade-long storm of galactic dust grains towards the inner Solar System, including Earth.

The effect this will have on our planet - if any - is unknown. But some researchers have speculated that sustained periods of cosmic dust bombardment might be related to ice ages and even mass extinctions

Full Story: www.newscientist.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the cycle of the solar polar flip and the terrestrial polar flip are coupled, or at least of similar periodicity such that we should now be expecting the same occurence here on Earth?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The possible effects from this type of debris shower could be, but not limited to, flying/crashing bicycles with large headed, good natured, little aliens on them searching for an intergalactic phone...

But seriously, this could be HUGE. Think about it... I have a question the article didn't answer, it says the past decade the magnetic polarity of good ole Sol has acted as a shield for us... Does that mean the decade previous, the 80's, we were in this situation?

If so it could explain alot of hair-dos I remember from that decade...

hmmmm.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It leads me to that conclusion as well. I got the impression that they were saying the solar pole flip corresponds with the 11 year solar cycle.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I agree on the pole shift, however, I would have to check. So maybe the next 11 years will be less hot??

join