It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the human race becoming more resistant to radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have thought about this for the past few days. With the ozone layer thining and the test of many nuclear weapons a while ago there should be more radiation in the atmosphere. So the human race should be become more resistant to radiation. It is just an idea and I wanted to know what you guys thought.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I would assume so.

Our bodies adapt really well to toxins. Which is why I can't find that perfect high anymore.

Come to think of it, I can't think of much we can't adapt to if it's a tempered process.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by Total Enslavement]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think we could be... Of course we would've had to take the doseges in very small amounts at a time. That's the only way we could have... but yeah... I think we are a little resistant to radiation.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Prolonged exposure to radiation causes cancer. I highly doubt that is considered being resistant... just take a look at Nagasaki and Chernobyl to see what a massive amount of radiation will do to you.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Radiation resistance?? Radiation can come from toxins but the other way around need not be true. Radiation causes DNA and RNA damage which the body needs to repair(And can do as well). However, with radiation, the damage can be so extensive that is beyond repair.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
one mutation which would make humans more tolerant of radiation. It would require humans more readily repair damage to their DNA. It could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. It should also be easy to track, involving fewer than a half dozen enzymes involved in correcting DNA synthesis errors.

join