It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARK MATTER THEORY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have a theory about Dark Matter After reading ths article:
Dark Matter
After reading the article, a theory popped up in my head. Since Dark Matter seems to repel things, perhaps we can use Dark Matter to Propel things through space. This probably could have gone under a UFO post tooecause It aslso popped in my head that maybe Dark matter is what aliens use to propell themselves through space and sometimes here to earth. I think that if we could harness this matter and it could propell things through space, long-distance space travel would finally be a possobility. And If it could work, I wonder how fast it would cause you to go... What do you guys think... Could my theory be a good one?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well there Jack Ass # one get a avatar that does the Giants of NY justice!
#2 Dark matter as far as I know, and I know little, pushes like expansion and negates our concept of gravity, it composes approx. 94% of the universe, consists primarily of hydrogen [have no idea why hydrogen is so frek'in popular] and I am relativly certain that electo magnetisim such as emiited by solar flares etc... is the propulsion system we are looking for. It's effects can be utilized to boomarang from solar system to solar system for lack of a better definition at this time of the morning

tut tut

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
By the way.. It's the San Francisco Giants, and I'm a Packers fan.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Dark Matter doesn't compose some 94%, Dark Energy composes some 60%, and Dark matter composes some 35%.

The latest theory is that Dark Matter repels gravity in a way, that effects the shape and expansion of the universe...however it's only theory and no scientific experiementation has been done.

Dark matter is equally possible to just simply be material in space that does not reflect light.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
That's also a very plausible thought... Maybe it is just something in space that doesnot reflect light. Maybve that's why it wuld be so hard to find.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yeah, upon further thinking, I think the "Dark matter effects matter in some opposite way than gravity we know" thing is more accepted because mathematical models show that if Dark Matter were just like normal matter, the whole universe would "collapse" heh.

So it comes down to what specifically dark matter does, which affects the shape of the universe, which is more or less proven to be flat, but will it expand indefinately? no one knows...

As for propulsion? I don't think matter or dark matter or whatever is going to be any form of "propulsion" it's what we are able to do with the energy we harness...so if Dark Matter is a great energy source, whoopie!

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In some of my theories, I've thought of the Universe just like a rubber band. It will only expand, or stretch, a certain distance before it snaps. Maybe the universe will just stretch everything into non-existanc... Or maybe it'll be like if you stretch the rubber band and let it go... It'll all come crashing into each other in a certain spot.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
By the way.. It's the San Francisco Giants, and I'm a Packers fan.

Please accept my humble apologies, no one else will!
Freemason and Giants Fan thoughts are excellent on this matter of importance! Please excuse me while I research your thoughts
I will be BACH!

little tut

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well I have a bit different view of the universe, than as a "rubber band" and was surprised to see that MY theory had already been theorized by Einstein and more or less explained by his Relativity...Drats I never get a break.

But basically it is that the Universe (the third dimension) is passing through the 4th.

So my advanced theory is that the shape of the 4th dimension is what is effecting the Universe's rate of expansion.

If the 4th dimension were conic, and exponential (so it reached a limit at say what would be... 40 billion years...or trillion), then time would slow down, as the universe expanded incredibly fast...probably too fast for life

And if it was just a line going from the origin out at a constant slope, then the rate of expansion would be constant, and the universe infinite.

if time were like a ball, then the universe would collapse at the "end of time" lol.

So on...

So this relys on two things...Time and speed are not just proportional, but the same thing. (more or less, this isn't a definite must and can be explained better but not here).

And the 3rd dimension is physically moving through the 4th...which does make sense if the big bang blasted the 3rd into the 4th dimension begining its journey.

There are more dependants, but I've said enough at the moment, and await comments, would be cool if Protector would pop in lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Actually...if time were like a sphere, and thus the universe would expand, and then collapse...this could actually be very plausible.

Since assuming that the 3rd dimension is not restricted by physics, just as a particle is not...then like a particle, the universe can bounce back and forth between the end points, which would be the "origin" of the "big bang" and never stop...because like a particle, when it hits a 'wall' then the energy will be converted 100% into the opposite direction.

So it would be a perfect perpetual motion machine, which of course nature tends to use the simplest of mechanisms to work, and what's more simple than that?

But also nature is quite complicated as well
so while the mechanism may be easy...figure its intricate function probably is impossible for our puny brains

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A very dangerous and flawed theory, think of the concequences of the loss of containment of a dark matter powered space craft, it would totally warp and ripple space within billions of light years of the accident.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I know it could, was just saying that perhaps we could find something that Dark matter repls, and build a spacecraft with that material, causing the Dark Matter to repel it and cause the spacecraft to accelerate... kinda like agLev trains, How they use Magnets to repel to speed it up, and repelling magnets to slow it down.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hmmm......I have a (somewhat far fetched) theory about Dark Matter. I fit is matter that does not reflect light, it could be plausible that dark matter is actually a "Wall" around what we see as "our Universe". As we would not be able to see, or see past, the dark matter surrounding us, we could not see what may lie outside "our Universe".....

Just a theory.....

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So you're saying that Dark Matte could be a wall, or the end of our universe? This could be true. But who knows anyway, for all we know it's some kind of Alien barrier to keep unwanted visitors peeking in on them. Or maybe it's the Star Wars galaxy thats so far, far away... Sorry, I'm bored so I'm just rambling.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by resentedhalo
A very dangerous and flawed theory, think of the concequences of the loss of containment of a dark matter powered space craft, it would totally warp and ripple space within billions of light years of the accident. [/quote

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Free Mason,
I am knew here? However it seems you are an idiot, n o matter where I go!
Ms. Halo has your number! I know the young Lady does not like that either, but cryptic is now!
Dark Matter is Real and it does Push thereby eliminating the theory of gravity, it does create worm hole and extra universe, you are a dolt!!!!!!!!!!
BOBO

I AM KNEW HERE!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Your right, it could be anything, so my ideas as plausible as the rest....but I don't know about the Star Wars galaxy......

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Con Grat Che Bob
Hunter would be Proud!
And GONZO woould cook you PIG !
And I would Eat It!

MORE FROM THE DARK SIDE

BOBO!

FEAR AND LOATHING FROM VEGAS!

CIRCUS CIRCUS!

WASTE NOT WANT KNOT"

BOBO!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BOBO
Con Grat Che Bob
Hunter would be Proud!
And GONZO woould cook you PIG !
And I would Eat It!

MORE FROM THE DARK SIDE

BOBO!

FEAR AND LOATHING FROM VEGAS!

CIRCUS CIRCUS!

WASTE NOT WANT KNOT"

BOBO!

.................................................cheers............

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I stayed at Circus Circus when I was in two weeks ago... You are right... Freemason is a little weird.

join