It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gevadon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I saw on Animal X there was this Beast called the Beast of Gevadon. I think it was 200 years. It was this giant wolf thing. They think it was a wolf-dog hybrid. breed to kill people. It was killed by a wolf hunter

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Your point being? You do have to add some views if you want a discussion to start.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That show was completely horrible. The conclusions were half-baked and the screwball way the show was narrated by that creepy old bug-eyed wiped out any credibility the show could have had.

(mod edit- no swearing thanks)

[edit on 6-5-2005 by asala]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, they think it was a wolf/dog animal, explaining the white stripe on chest and such. But was watching the same show, and the illustration on the animal, those stripes..... Thylacine? Look at the way it is drawn, long body, stripes on back, looks like a Thylacine to me.

Also, that old guy saying Darling is cool, I mean, how many old guys do you know who can get away with that?

[edit on 6-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Le Pact de Loupes

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Cheesy French action film, postulated that the Beast was in fact a lion, clad in makeshift armor, and trained by a sadistic freak with a penchant for buggering his sister.

Just thought I'd add that.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Le Pact de Loupes

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Cheesy French action film, postulated that the Beast was in fact a lion, clad in makeshift armor, and trained by a sadistic freak with a penchant for buggering his sister.

Just thought I'd add that.

CHEESY? That films amazing!!

*turns back on WrydeOne and sulks*

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I saw that Animal X show this afternoon. I'm going with the hyena. It seemed the most plausible out of all of them.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Lol i guess i was a little late posting this topic. someone beat me to it.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Iv done some research on the beast of gevaudan and there are a few explanations to what it was. As said in here before a hyena was thought to have been one explanation, but compared with information on the beasts description it doesnt fit in. People said it had a long grey hound like snout and hind legs larger than the fore legs, so it does partially rule the fact that it was a hyena out, (hyenas have larger fore legs than hind legs and snout doesnt fit description as well as size). Another theory is that it was a baboon, it is highly unlikely it was at all but the long snout pretruding fangs and small mane fit into the description of the beast.
The thylacine or tasmanian tiger was also seen as another culprit, it fits the description of the beast pretty well, only its size. Im from Australia and no a bit on the thylacine and they are way to small to be the culprit of killing two hundred people in france especially (plus Australia was discovered by or colonised by white men then)

I have read sources on the beast and in one particular it said that the beast was indeed real and was killed and stuffed and left on display in Paris by King Louis (i dont know which one). What was it then, the stuffed beast went missing apparantly some years later in the renaissance, but the information said on this site that the autopsy of the animal showed that it was indeed a very, very large wolf of some variety.

My views are that it was a crossbreed between some large friggin dog and a pretty large wolf. I also believe that there was not one but two of them (maybe more), doing the deeds. Im going by what iv read here on the net but the reports say the beast was shot several times on different occassions (one wolf cant take that many hard hitting musket bullets without dying). I think they were shooting different hybrids . The beast was also announced dead shortly, after the the killings were continueing so u can add up there had to be more than one. To the reason why they were killing, many people believe like the movie someone was making them kill the villagers. I believe the beast's were killing maybe because there food supply was low a shortage of dear or hare in the gevaudan forest may have forced them to go for something different like a human, like the two african lions who killed over a hundred railway workers in the 1800's, the beast saw how easy it was to kill the humans they continuously went for the villagers (where pretty easy to kill unless we fight back, where slower than the deer or hare they were used to hunting, and we cant fly away).

Those are my views but everyone has theres

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yeah, when was Australia found? Anyways, they had a drawing of it and to me it looked like the Thylacine, but if Austrlia not found yet, kinda hard to be a Thylacine.

Well, on the show they had experts, one who said he KNEW the male was a wolf, the female was a dog. So most likely a half breed. I still like my Thylacine theory, I like them, they are soooooo cool!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is the best explanation I've ever come across about such creatures: "The Beast of Gevaudan, Spring-Heeled Jack, Mothman, and other dimensional 'Window Fallers' "

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i once saw a striped dog , could it have been a dog hayena hybrid ?
seriously....

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
I saw that Animal X show this afternoon. I'm going with the hyena. It seemed the most plausible out of all of them.

A hyena in france? Not only that, a hyena on a killing spree so bad the half an army get sent after it?

That's like Bush sending a ranger battalion to Arizona to hunt down a koala gone berserk.

top topics

join