It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the Christians who "believe"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have a question for the alien believing community who also believe in Christ (in that Christ is the Son of God) and follow his teachings per the Bible. I know this will probably spark up some theological debates, so I'll try to keep it simple. According to the scripture, Christ tells us to "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." - Mark 16:15.

Should it then be a goal of Christians to find a way to communicate the gospel of Christ to life not of this planet?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
An Answer: What if the Virgin Marry conceived during an EBE abduction and gave birth to a then new Human Hybrid?

And the new born was named Jesus. That North Star written so much about in the new testament was pretty-bright.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That doesn't really answer my question, but thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You may not be far off Dallas...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm open to theory's.

Jesus could of been hybrid alien.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruth123
I'm open to theory's.

Jesus could of been hybrid alien.

I have heard that theory many many times but there has been no evidence for / against him being of another world. I am open to that.

One thought on what Mark 16:15. may also have meant to teach the word to the actuall creatures who live with us today.
It is theorized that both the dolphin as well as the whale may be as or more intelligent than we are. If that is the case, why not breach the language barrier between species and then teach them the word as we have brought the word throughout the people of the world?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm sure the ''ALIENS'' know alot more about God then we think....

helen....

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's clear to me that all the UFO's in ancient holy art only mean that humans have always confused alien life with divinity, as well as demons and magic. We still don't know the natures of things over our heads. Just because we witness them by glimpses, should not prove they are something we think they are. Unknowing is what our dogma is made of.

This is one of the prime reasons it is still so difficult for other races to openly approach humans on Earth. Generally speaking, humans believe more in their religions than in God. It is very difficult to let go of popular beliefs, especially since we have created so many different and opposing ones between ourselves.

All the races that visit Earth already know God and who and what Jesus was on Earth, human by body, God by spirit. God has been to many worlds to live inside of their races, but not all races needed God to live as one of them in order to teach them.

Brought up Catholic, I knew since childhood that there was more natural simplicity to spirituality and gross mistakes in human belief because of what I was experiencing myself. I didn't understand it all and I still don't, but now that I have learned a few things from advanced life about spirituality as nature and science, I understand the fundamental differences between advanced races of people and God.

Jesus didn't teach all the things our Christian religions teach, and there was much more that is not taught now. People can be Christians without being a member of a particular church or static set of beliefs. Our religions should be free to evolve with our intelligence and understanding.

[edit on 4/26/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Aren't hybrids rumored to be sociopathic? Jesus is presented as a very kind and caring man in the Bible, so probably not a sociopath.

Although, if Jesus was a hybrid, it could be that a more advanced psionic being might be the explaination behind some of the "miracles" that Jesus supposedly made happen.

Then again, maybe this whole Jesus/alien hybrid thing is just the aliens trying to undermine our belief structures again.
I knew it... Seriously though, I don't think Jesus was a hybrid. And if he was, then there's just one more reason for me not to be a Christian!

EDIT: Whoops.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Perhap's we may consider that some rules or laws were necessary in order for humans to evolve or just survive each others natural uncontrolled aggression against each other and other living things.

Perhap's the old testament or commandments was the beginning of written law. Heavenly stuff !

Dallas

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
One more thought on the wording. In many societies both primitive as well as modern day, foreigners as well people of other faiths are considered beneath "true" believers, (look at so many zealous statements that are made routinely here on ATS for and against various religions).

Another example, The Japanese word for foreigner is Giageen (phonetica spelling) in their dictionaries today defines as someone from another country.

Prior to their signing of the peace treaty ending their part in WWII, Giageen meant barbarian.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I have heard that theory many many times but there has been no evidence for / against him being of another world.

I wouldn't say NO evidence. There is of course church-commissioned artwork depicting UFOs present at his birth, even shooting a beam into Mary's womb. (now, this could be symbolism, we don't know, but it should be taken into account at least, with the rest of it) There are the accounts of powers beyond those of we mere mortals, such as psychic healing, defying gravity, transmutation, etc. It's weak and shaky evidence at best, granted, but evidence nonetheless...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Granted Gazrok.
What I meant was that these "powers" could have been divine, human or of alien origion. All these powers have been attributed to all three possibilities as well as to other people (beings) other than just Jesus.

The defiance of gravity, transmutations, healings have also been recorded to have been commonplace here in the americas 100's of years ago. The last known transmutation as well as polymorphisism (sorry spellchecker had a problem with that word) that I am aware of in the americas reportedly occursed around 1885 by an apache shaman.

I personaly believe that Chris, as well as many other strong, proiminant figures throughout our history may well be from other place / time.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has this thread gone a little off topic?

In answer to the original question, I would think the answer would be yes. If a creature is on this world, regardless of where they came from, then the gospel should be preached to them. However, I know I hate getting preached at myself; I would highly recommend finding out what their purpose is before one starts jamming Bible verses into their head. That might be a good way to end up on the business end of an anal probe. How would you like it if you travelled hundreds of light years, wanting to share ideas and technology, and someone started talking about how big of a sinner you were?

Then again, it might be interesting to see their reaction. I can picture them starting to laugh hysterically because we took one of their children's books and created our civilization around it.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes, it means teach all who wish to seak "him" out.

Meaning as a Christian you should in the event that we come in contact with "aliens" attempt at some point to teach them the ways of the Gospel.

Those "Christians" who resists the fact that alien are also GOD's creation are just naive.

As GOD told man, I have created the universe, the stars, the heavenly bodies and all the creatures in it just as I have created man to be in our likeness.

The passages of the Bible are to be taken only as an instruction for men on earth. Nowhere does it say that I have only created life here on earth and left the entire void of space empty. GOD (having no need to instruct man about other life) simply choose not to meddle with man's early begininning by telling him, ... Someday when your wings are strong and your might and wisdom have grown you shall seek out other places and bring this Gospel to peoples of the worlds.....

Nope didn't say that, but remember that GOD is omi-potent and the creator of all things. Just because our Bible does not say that GOD created Zeta, etc does not mean that GOD did not. It just means that GOD found it not important to our early developement as a species to confuse us with something that would require us to evolve into the higher level of species than what GOD expects from us.

Maybe ultimately GOD knows that man has been corrupted from the start and knowing our hearts has already seen how oblivous we are to the world simply around us, that how could we possibly "grow up" to begin to understand the worlds outside of us.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Let me ask the question in reverse.

If a far superior race of non-humanoid beings were to land on earth, superior both intellectually and lethally, and tell us that we are now to follow their doctrines because ours are primitive and without merit, would you believe them and welcome the demand?

new topics

top topics

join