It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mothman Owl Theory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The two giant owls I saw fighting eachother late one night in a Maryland tobacco field looked exactly like many eyewitness sketches and accounts of what they call the Mothman. For nearly a decade I always thought they were just giant owls. Then when I started checking out ATS and came across some Mothman threads I nearly fell out of my chair. The Mothman is definetly some kind of giant bastard owl. Ive checked out some nature sites on owls recently and come across a few that looked exactly like it red eyes and all. But they were normal size owls.

This is my theory as to why they were so damn big. I was in a tobacco field. The tobacco plants there were ten friggin feet tall. I did think it was strange at the time but thought it was normal. The leaves of the plants were a foot across and over a foot long and had such prominent veining they almost looked muscular. Now, Ive seen tobacco plants before that at George Washingtons Mt.Vernon. Ive been there dozens of times. Those plants were more brown than green and half the size of the Maryland plants.

Its accepted that the tobacco farmers grow genetically altered tobacco for more yield. This is true. Some have gone as far as to take a "glow in the dark" gene from one species or another and cross them into the plants so that they start to glow when they need water. That didnt last to long from what I understand. But whatever the farmers have been breeding into their crops in order to have super crops got into the food chain. The soil, water etc.

Owls feed on mostly rodents. A tobacco field or any other farm land is usually overun with rodents. Perfect hunting ground for owls. As an unintended result whatever was used to alter the tobacco so extremely has also ended up having unintended results on the local ecosystem. One result may be the supernaturally huge owls I saw that night. This is a perfect example of genetically altered plants gone wrong and why we need to be more careful. For details on this terrifying incident read my "Mothman..giant owl? post. I was with over ten people who saw the exact same thing. Yes we were drinking but sobered up veeeery quickly. Your thoughts please...thank you..SoS..

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Your trying to tell us Mothman, is an owl?
I've lived in the country, for 11 years of my life, and I've NEVER seen a 7ft tall owl, with wings that protrude over it's back, GIANT firey red eyes.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Even as far back as the 66 point pleasant incident the most realistic thoeries have been that it was some kind of hawk or owl. Many sites about the Mothman suggest this. The ones I saw were fighting like mad and it was very hard to gauge how tall they would stand. There are several types of red eyed owls. Look up some nature sites on owls. Remember, at the time I thought that owls this size were a known species and as terrifying as the incident was I didnt think anything supernatural about them. I cannot honestly say seven feet. Im thinking five. There are some pretty big owls. The biggest are around three feet. This is the most plausible explanation for the Mothman.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I can see the owl theory being the real explanation. Animal X had a show about mothman over the weekend and that's what a lot of cryptozoologists think it is/was. The red eyes are most likely explaned by eyeshine, like when you get redeye in a picture.

The area that SonofSpy mentioned is pretty remote. I go by there every now and then and the next time I'm in the area I'm going to check it out. I have family around there. There are a lot of big birds in that area, like bald eagles, blue heron, turkey vultures, and cranes.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's not an owl, there are NO owls 7ft tall.
Stop doin the pot.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Once again, I never said they were 7 ft tall. 5 is my best guess. After researching Mothman its one of the better explanations. The Point Pleasant incidents are beyond me though. That was the sixties and I dont know of what could haven gotten into the food chain to cause such mutations. The whole reason I started these threads is cause the early artists renderings look almost exactly like what I saw. The giant owl theory may be just to simple for some folks to believe. Its just gotta be a alien demon from another dimension right? Deny ignorance but dont deny my giant owls.

Okay heres something for you "its gotta be supernatural" folks. The Mothman is supposedly linked to the Chief Cornstalk curse. The giant owl figures into indian lore like the thunderbirds. So maybe ol Cornstalk summoned the giant owls of indian lore to haunt us forever.

top topics

join