It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cult Members Jailed After Storming Courthouse With Handcuffs In Plot To Abduct Coroner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Four cult members who plotted to abduct a coroner by storming a courthouse armed with handcuffs have been jailed. Mark Christopher, 59 and Matthew Martin, 47, both from east London, alongside married couple Shiza Harper, 45, and Sean Harper, 38, both from South Benfleet, were charged with conspiracy to kidnap and conspiracy to commit false imprisonment.

Appearing at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, the "anti-establishment cult" is said to have been headed up by "ringleader" Mark Christopher.

Together, the group planned to kidnap senior coroner Lincoln Brookes after believing they could overrule the UK judicial system.

The coroner described how he had received a series of "very bizarre" letters in 2022 from the group, followed by emails asserting that "corporal punishment may be administered". The court heard how the quartet - who are all members of an anti-establishment group called the Federal Postal Court, which has ties to the Sovereign Citizen and Freemen on the Land movements - eventually stormed into Essex Coroner’s Court armed with handcuffs and with the full intention of kidnapping senior coroner Lincoln Brookes.

Appearing in court, Mark Christopher was described by the judge as having "recruited co-defendants" to form part of the cult.

Cult member Sean Harper was described as a “highly suggestible individual,” who was “vulnerable to being influenced by charismatic others” according to the judge. His parter, Shiza Harper, remained “strong in your belief you committed no offence” despite being confronted with the realities and seriousness of her offences.

During sentencing, the judge described how Christopher remained “completely justified your offending,” adding that there was a very real "likelihood of you committing further offences". Detective Chief Inspector Nathan Hutchinson from Essex Police said: "The ideologies of this group were concerning and they genuinely believed that they had the power to construct their own legal system, threaten others and were above English law."

Christopher, who was also found guilty of sending threatening letters to the coroner, with intent to cause distress or anxiety, was sentenced to seven years for the conspiracy to kidnap and 18 months for malicious intent.

The other three cult members were each sentenced to 30 months each behind bars for conspiracy to kidnap and conspiracy to commit false imprisonment. The sentences of all four individuals will run concurrently.

The four defendants had all previously denied the charges against them.

Martin was found not guilty of a separate charge of assault against a security guard and criminal damage.

This one is rather trippy.

I'm not quite sure how kidnapping a "coroner" would give them the power to construct their own legal system.

Nor how it would somehow place them above the law of the land.

But I'm sure they had fun telling the judge.

www.lbc.co.uk... MgETYeBPqdm8AsnmZpaBlphGOVUBuG9dT_81AK68JC2Ib9Dwq34rKg_aem_EbffjaNt2FZ0yhInlt9aIA
www.bbc.com...
www.essexlive.news...

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

"The ideologies of this group were concerning and they genuinely believed that they had the power to construct their own legal system, threaten others and were above English law."

Middle finger meet George. Welcome to the United States of America!!

Our forefathers had dangerous ideologies too. Everything mentioned above was exactly how the US was founded.

You guys need to create some prospective forefathers, lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

I dont think kidnapping people creates forefathers. LoL

kidnapping is against the law in this nation and your own.

These people are nuts.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Agreed and seconded....but isn't this alongside the idea of making a "citizens arrest" just taking it a bit too far with interpretation.

I've heard of detaining someone for law enforcement to arrive but never taking steps this dramatic and becoming cop, judge, and jury...this group seems to definitely have drunk the proverbial Kool-Aid.

Remains to be seen whetehr or not they were planning on punishing the guy as well.

Cults like this are no good and dangerous.

Hopefully they get the psychiatric help they so desperately need.
edit on 10/28/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I dont think kidnapping people creates forefathers. LoL

kidnapping is against the law in this nation and your own.

These people are nuts.

Lol. You're wrong.
allthingsliberty.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I just can't comprehend how abduction and ""punishing"" a Coroner would in any way equate to them somehow creating their own legal system or being above the law.

Love to have been a fly on that wall when he managed to convince the others to get in on the nefarious mad shenanigans.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm wondering what caused them to target the Coroner in the first place...maybe time will tell?

Awfully weird.

Poor guy just trying to do his job and gets targeted.

Motive is what I'm wondering.
edit on 10/28/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'm not wrong.

And kidnapping people is indeed against the law.

American revolution or otherwise.

I would also point out that its 2024 not 1775.

And that planning to, or kidnapping a Coroner, simply does not equate to being above the law, nor anything reminiscent of the sort.

It will however land you in jail for 18 months and possibly a psychiatric ward should they have any spare beds.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yes, you are wrong about not thinking kidnapping creates forefathers.

Sorry.🤷🏻

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If you say so VariedcodeSole.

Anyhoo moving along to reality and this century.

Anything to add regarding the madness?

And/or how kidnapping a Coroner could somehow help these fools create their own legal system, above the laws of the land?

Because that, i do believe thus far, is the sixty-four million dollar question.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

They're #ing idiots.
Seems to me that the 'leader' wanted to use the Freeman movement etc as a means to control other, weaker people.

I went down the Freeman rabbit hole quite a few years ago. Some good ideas, mostly bollocks....the 'movement' is full of cranks.

I'm with you mate, I have no idea what they thought they would achieve by kidnapping a Coroner?

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Yeah, why the coroner?

This is whacky.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Nope.

Just enjoying some coffee and the irony.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There are a multitude of ironic, nevermind moronic aspects, that surround this topic.

Anyhoo I'm glad you are entertained.

I'm sure those four are also currently captivated and immersed in their new surroundings.

Enjoy the Coffee.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

My guess is they didn't like the way a friend's remains were handled.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
WHAAAAATTTT!. I've read all the links and nowhere and I mean nowhere are they labelled as "right wing", is the MSM failing. They were against the government so they have to be right wing. Aaahh, I get it now, the new go to instead of right wing is "cult".

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Plenty of people are against the government.

But they dont plan or try and kidnap coroners.

For whatever nefarious purpose remains to be established.

To be honest they look more like the new-age mumbo-jumbo i believe in admiralty law.

I'm a sovereign state unto myself crowd.

Rather than atypical right-wingers.

posted on Oct, 28 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

There are a multitude of ironic, nevermind moronic aspects, that surround this topic.

Anyhoo I'm glad you are entertained.

I'm sure those four are also currently captivated and immersed in their new surroundings.

Enjoy the Coffee.

This is entertainment. At least that's the excuse when conspiracy theorists get taken to court, lol

In case the last 248 years has escaped you, as Americans, we are entirely and happily captivated and immersed in our surroundings after having shredded the British, I can assure you that lol

I did enjoy the coffee, thank you, but that's why I bought it. Lol

new topics

top topics

join