It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell, New Mexico Flash Floods Swamp Roads, Homes...epic amount of rain not seen since 1901

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
1st off this is in the wrong category...Should be "disasters" ...Mod feel free to move as I could not

I looked to see if this was posted at all on ATS and nothing jumped out at me so am now posting

Has anyone see or read or hear about this Flood in Roswell New Mexico on Oct 19th 2024 ????

I have not seen much about this on the news or online...Unless you Search for it...Anywho A friend of mine that lives near Roswell text asking if I have seen or heard about the Floods...I was like Nope.....So ya here is some Articles and info.

Not really sure what to say about this other then ....Odd that I have not seen or heard much on this and wanted to put it out there and see what others think or know

Officials tour ‘unbelievable’ deadly flood damage in Roswell following historic rainfall - LINK

“The damage is unbelievable,” Jennings said. He said the two flood control dams to the west, did their jobs and caught flooding from the river. It was the rainfall in town that caused the damages. Floodwaters were recorded as five to six feet high in much of downtown

At least 2 dead and hundreds rescued in severe New Mexico flash flooding - LINK

edit on 24-10-2024 by tarantulabite1 because: fix a link

posted on Oct, 24 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wondered how this could not be reported as well so I went to google and found that

NBC was reporting. it at the time, ABC as well, and CNN also did reports on the flooding

I also easily found that CBS had reported it as well as Associated Press and USA today and MSN

posted on Oct, 24 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

yeahbut how was their reporting "prioritized" and/or "sensationalized" ? 😁

Was it like "page 20" style ? Or was it front page special edition style?

posted on Oct, 24 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

ya I seen others reported on it....as to why I said I could Search and find but again wasn't seeing it out there like Headline News .....as Xuenchen said how was it being prioritized

posted on Oct, 24 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tarantulabite1

Why? How do you think it should have been prioritized. Do you think this was being hidden from the rest of the nation. I mean you seem suspicious of something here but I can't make out what it is.

For one thing there had just been only a few weeks before tons of national news on flooding and destruction. That though had been foreseen and all those national desks used it from before, during and after to sell their papers and news reports. That''s how they work right?

This one though apparently hit with little warning. The dams held as expected but the rainfall was torrential. So no on scene national news crews, just the local news folk doing their jobs.

top topics

join