It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euclid’s 208-Gigapixel glimpse into the Universe - Space is Big.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The European Space Agency's Euclid space telescope was launched last July with a mission to map the Universe in order to try to understand the accelerating expansion of the universe and give us a cosmic atlas of our Universe , a couple of days ago ESA released the first page of that atlas along with a deep dive video into the 208-gigapixel mosaic containing some 14 million galaxies , the image covers just 1% of the area that Euclid will cover over the next six years.

Discover the first page of ESA Euclid’s great cosmic atlas and marvel at millions of stars and galaxies captured in pristine detail, in a huge 208-gigapixel mosaic. The mosaic covers an area of the Southern Sky more than 500 times the area of the full Moon as seen from Earth.

This video takes you through a rare sky dive. Starting from a vast cosmic panorama bedazzled by some 14 million galaxies, a series of ever-deeper zooms brings you to a crisp view of a swirling spiral galaxy, in a final image enlarged 600 times compared to the full mosaic.

There are more Stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on Earth.
edit on 18-10-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Spectacular to me. I cannot accept the flat earth stuff with this. I think Psalm 19:1 talks about those stars declare the glory of God and they do for me. They are glorious and this is a perfect example. But if the Firmament , which shows God's handywork, is supposed to mean a "glass ceiling" with water above, then those stars are just electronic affects. That would NOT seem to be glorious at all. I would be greatly disappointed to find them to be some version of big LED lights in the "sky". To me, Christians believing in a flat earth would be denying that glory.

posted on Oct, 18 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is a new version of this.

But your video is already scientifically out of date. There is no dark matter or dark energy. And the red shift is just light geting old, not the universe expanding.

www.earth.com...

I guess they did not get the memo.
edit on 18-10-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

posted on Oct, 18 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That is the new version form the movie. If the Internet Archive was up, I could provide a link to the BBC tv series and BBC radio show.

The movie is described as "Not entirely unlike The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by most viewers.

You do know where your towel is don't you?

edit on 18-10-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is really cool. Thank you for sharing.

Way to go humanity. Such a sweet project.

top topics

join