It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70s and 80s TV shows that hit hard.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Following on from a thread the other day where we started diverging into TV shows from our youth shuch as Tripods, Logan's run etc it got me thinking about some other (mostly kids tv) that I really enjoyed and made me think hard about stuff.

First up, The Changes
Society breaks down to a medieval level when technology "Hurts us" to be around. Really good little series with plenty of utterly chilling bits and also some uplifting episodes, like when the kids are being pursued by slavers and end up turning to a local Sikh community for help. Well worth a go.

Next up Children of the stones Proper creepy this one and I know some of my mates had awesome nightmares because of it.
Sort of a doctor who style story going on here with an ancient evil looking for a path out of being imprisoned in a stone circle.

Thats it for now, you can currently watch these for free by searching the names then clicking videos.

Add your own, if I had a prize, it would go to the first one to post the Tomorrow People

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I've looked everywhere for a copy of the Tomorrow People.

I'll check out your other recommendations post haste!

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thanks for posting Spr' - I was just talking about a kids TV series I vaguely remember from the 70's 80's UK and I cant remember its name.

But after having a quick squizz at the links you posted it maybe 'The Changes'. I will have to re-watch it/them.

The one I remember (cant find) had a teenage boy and a Girl involved in uncovering some secret plan to manipulate the weather with a Scalar weapon. The baddie was a an Indian guy with a beard. The main image that my horny teenage brain kept safe was... The mysterious woman in Black Leather riding a motorbike (mmmrrrggh!)... For the life of me I cant find it or remember its name...

You got me hunting again tho'

Lots I pre-emptive, reveals from earlt kids TV series...

a reply to: SprocketUK

join