It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Nazca Alien Glyphs Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Scientists using satellite images of the Nazca region have discovered new previously unseen Glyphs using AI to spot lines too faint to be easily recognised by the Human eye , there's some funky looking creatures among the lines along with a few possible ETs and even a "killer whale holding a knife."... must have been some good Peyote man.

In the new study, published Monday (Sept. 23) in the journal PNAS, researchers used an AI model, which has been trained to spot the faint outlines of the geoglyphs, to search for missed shapes in satellite images of the Nazca Desert.

The model, which can pick out the lines 20 times quicker than humans, generated a list of Nazca Line candidates for the researchers to investigate, including ones in places where the famous lines had never been spotted before. Between September 2022 and February 2023, researchers visited some of these sites and were able to confirm that 303 of them were actual geoglyphs.

The new lines included abstract humanoids, "decapitated heads," domesticated animals, fish, birds, cats, a potential "ceremonial scene" and human/animal interactions, researchers wrote in the paper. The most bizarre shape was arguably a 72-foot-long (22 meters) "killer whale holding a knife."
www.livescience.com...

edit on 25-9-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Some of those are pretty cool

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Some of those remind me of coronavirus.

Where they trying to warn us of government overreach, even back then?

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Now a research team needs to go see if these indeed to exist or is the AI just making things up.

Interesting tho, looks like like a lot of them are depictions of people wearing masks and costumes.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I was going to say that aren't all the known Nazca figures of animals because some these appear to depict human like figures?
Will this require a new re-evaluation of the whole Nazca site including their construction and purpose?

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Now a research team needs to go see if these indeed to exist or is the AI just making things up.

They did and they do

Between September 2022 and February 2023, researchers visited some of these sites and were able to confirm that 303 of them were actual geoglyphs.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was going to say that aren't all the known Nazca figures of animals because some these appear to depict human like figures?

There is a precedent for Humanoid figures , or Aliens perhaps.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

My favorites are Napoleon Bonaparte and the Statue of Liberty

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

so we stand a chance of being invaded by Echo and the Bunnymen? I can live with that.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Pretty cool 👍

Some of them look like giraffes. But they never existed in south America.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So those were created using generativeAI and not actual photos/imagery?
edit on 25-9-2024 by Raptured because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't get why they think that one is an Orca with a knife? It doesn't look like the actual "whale" line drawing.

I'm still fascinated by how these were made so fairly accurately, so large and why? Not like some other traveler, looking for water (one of the theories) at ground level could see the thing. Only the ones on the hillsides.

Sucks that we will more than likely never know the truth. That had to have been a lot of hard work making them.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

They do, but I would guess with the shorter legs, probably Llama?

new topics

top topics

join