It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fun Charo performance/who is your favorite guitar player?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just wanted to share this awesome Charo performance from 1977. She is a great flamenco guitarist. I think this is really cool. She's so good!

And may I say her hair is fabulous!

Another underestimated female guitarist and banjo player is Dolly Parton she's great too.

I think as far as men I have to go with Roy Clark and Glen Campbell. Unless we are talking Rock and roll. Then it's gotta be Brian May.

Well what do you guys think? Charo is cool! What are some other great guitarists out there for me to discover? [or Banjo players]?

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I had NO idea she had any talent at all! Color me shocked!

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
I just wanted to share this awesome Charo performance from 1977. She is a great flamenco guitarist. I think this is really cool. She's so good!

And may I say her hair is fabulous!

Another underestimated female guitarist and banjo player is Dolly Parton she's great too.

I think as far as men I have to go with Roy Clark and Glen Campbell. Unless we are talking Rock and roll. Then it's gotta be Brian May.

Well what do you guys think? Charo is cool! What are some other great guitarists out there for me to discover? [or Banjo players]?

Roy Clark was off the charts

Rock and Roll
Jimi, Eddie, Randy, Jimmy Page and Stevie Ray immediately come to mind but they can't deny their blues and classical roots.

and speaking of classical guitar.....

Thats the thing there are some damn fine guitarists out there that never get the recognition

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Charo is awesome. And definitely under recognized for her talent in the US (but not the rest of the world!).

Another "up and coming guitarist I follow is a kid by the name of Marcin Patrzalek (who is billed simply as "Marcin").

He plays a "percussive" style of guitar that, to my ear not only evokes the flamenco guitar style, also the "sound" of flamenco dance.
edit on 24-9-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's hard to get past Gary Rossington and Allen Collins on Free Bird.

There's a reason 50 years later every 2-bit concert in the south, people hold up their lighters/now phones and yell Free Bird!

not to mention this song is responsible for more speeding ticket revenue than any other song in the southeast.

Hell Ive been pulled over twice and one time got let go because I told him I was listening to Free Bird

new topics

top topics

join