It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just because this can't happen, doesn't mean it isn't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Oregon officials admitted an error with the state's automatic voter enrollment problem was larger than previously thought, registering 1,259 possible noncitizens since 2021.

Ten of the mistakenly enrolled individuals went on to cast a ballot, according to Oregon's Secretary of State, although at least one became a citizen before voting.

The enrollment error was first unearthed earlier this month, with officials admitting to wrongly registering around 300 voters through an Oregon DMV program that registers legal citizens when they obtain a driver's license or state ID.

Now I have had low info folks tell me all about how this just can't happen. Well, it did. 10 times. that we know of. Now did those 10 votes change anything? Probably not, but would 1000? Knowing 10 were able to, why not 1000? Why not 10,000?

One side of the election system wants to stop this, and one side does not. That is also a problem. Perhaps showing the idiots what it would look like by convincing all the illegals to vote Trump would get their attention. So now that we know for a fact that this happened, can anyone explain why proving you are a citizen to vote is wrong? If there are good arguments, lets hear them.
edit on 24-9-2024 by network dude because: bad slper

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

Oregon officials admitted an error with the state's automatic voter enrollment problem was larger than previously thought, registering 1,259 possible noncitizens since 2021.

Ten of the mistakenly enrolled individuals went on to cast a ballot, according to Oregon's Secretary of State, although at least one became a citizen before voting.

The enrollment error was first unearthed earlier this month, with officials admitting to wrongly registering around 300 voters through an Oregon DMV program that registers legal citizens when they obtain a driver's license or state ID.

Now I have had low info folks tell me all about how this just can't happen. Well, it did. 10 times. that we know of. Now did those 10 votes change anything? Probably not, but would 1000? Knowing 10 were able to, why not 1000? Why not 10,000?

One side of the election system wants to stop this, and one side does not. That is also a problem. Perhaps showing the idiots what it would look like by convincing all the illegals to vote Trump would get their attention. So now that we know for a fact that this happened, can anyone explain why proving you are a citizen to vote is wrong? If there are good arguments, lets hear them.

There is nothing wrong with it at all #1 and #2 most other countries require proof of citizenship, our neighbors Mexico and Canada do.

www.washingtontimes.com...

“All persons with Mexican nationality, by birth or by naturalization, who are 18 years of age or older, and have an honest way of living, have the right to vote,” according to the National Electoral Institute. “However, in order to exercise this right, the law establishes certain additional requirements such as registration of the citizen in the Federal Registry of Voters and possession of a photo-voting card, which is issued free of charge by the [National] Electoral Institute.”

Three dozen U.S. states have laws requesting some form of ID at the polls. Others use methods such as checking names and addresses on file and asking for a signature at the polling place.

Thirteen states do not require any documentation to vote.

many countries issue national ID cards.

“That national ID system allows places like Canada to automatically register all of its citizens in that system to vote,” he said. “Plus, all of them require you to show that ID when you vote, a requirement we do not have here except in certain states that have implemented an ID requirement — every one of which has been opposed by the political left and fought over in the courts.”

Many European nations do not allow absentee ballots because of fear of fraud or misuse.

it's only in the US that will quick register people, don't clear voter rolls, and do the necessary pre-auditing needed all while one party or another files lawsuits that leave us with 50 different sets of election rules and regulations, mail-in, dropbox etc.

No wonder it's a cluster.... and it's ripe for mistakes and abuse.

One difference we used to not be so equally divided so most times elections didn't fall within the margin for error but now we are likely headed for not knowing for a few days again. Which is ridiculous for a country like the US.

It's like here in Georgia the left is fighting tooth and nail to not have each precinct audit and make sure their count is accurate BEFORE sending it along to be certified

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It kind of makes you wonder why the left is so against strengthening the security of the vote? As I eluded to, they won't care until it's their vote that's threatened, then it will be an issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's so inefficient it's maddening, instead of requiring ID and proof of address on the front end they'd rather wait to see if they will be ordered to audit AFTER everybody votes and if the margins warrant a recount.

www.gpb.org...

Now they are getting pissy because the board approved a hand count and one politician is acting as if it's too late to change the rules when all it requires is the precinct hand count the ballots and make sure they match BEFORE the results are sent to election officials

There's nothing wrong with that being required, my understanding is most precincts do this anyway

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Eh.

Machine voting is super efficient and does not require a racist ID. Even if our neighbors to the north and south do.

Also don’t ask to take a look at the ability to be hacked.

Or then you’re racist. Or something like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Many states have come forward to reveal small mistakes related to voting and elections. They do this to Make everyone believe nothing bigger happened in 2020.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Many states have come forward to reveal small mistakes related to voting and elections. They do this to Make everyone believe nothing bigger happened in 2020.
Hmmmm.

Sounds an awful lot like a $150K stipulation left to reach the public by government officials.

Meanwhile reading trans manifestos from school shooters is too scary.

So say same officials. Or something.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That's gotta be fake news. Joe Biden himself said he has " the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American poli.......

oh. uhhhh....never mind.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was just having this conversation with my folks.

They love Kamala. I do not.

I explained that if there is just ONE instance of this exact thing (voter fraud) happening anywhere, then no one can say it hasn’t happened.

My dad vehemently disagreed. Or began to try and spin why it didn’t matter.

Then. THEN he has the chutzpah to say that Trump saying we are all doing so much more poorly economically under Biden and Harris isn’t true. And tries to point out that himself, my mom, and me, are all actually doing better so it can’t be true.

I’m like you can’t have this both ways.

Either you’re a hypocrite or only like information when it suits you, regardless of the truth.

Reminds me a lot of another thread that has to do with liberals, the truth, facts, and or freedom of speech…..

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

There is nothing wrong with it at all #1 and #2 most other countries require proof of citizenship, our neighbors Mexico and Canada do.

www.washingtontimes.com...

“All persons with Mexican nationality, by birth or by naturalization, who are 18 years of age or older, and have an honest way of living, have the right to vote,” according to the National Electoral Institute. “However, in order to exercise this right, the law establishes certain additional requirements such as registration of the citizen in the Federal Registry of Voters and possession of a photo-voting card, which is issued free of charge by the [National] Electoral Institute.”

Three dozen U.S. states have laws requesting some form of ID at the polls. Others use methods such as checking names and addresses on file and asking for a signature at the polling place.

Thirteen states do not require any documentation to vote.

many countries issue national ID cards.

“That national ID system allows places like Canada to automatically register all of its citizens in that system to vote,” he said. “Plus, all of them require you to show that ID when you vote, a requirement we do not have here except in certain states that have implemented an ID requirement — every one of which has been opposed by the political left and fought over in the courts.”

Many European nations do not allow absentee ballots because of fear of fraud or misuse.

it's only in the US that will quick register people, don't clear voter rolls, and do the necessary pre-auditing needed all while one party or another files lawsuits that leave us with 50 different sets of election rules and regulations, mail-in, dropbox etc.

No wonder it's a cluster.... and it's ripe for mistakes and abuse.

One difference we used to not be so equally divided so most times elections didn't fall within the margin for error but now we are likely headed for not knowing for a few days again. Which is ridiculous for a country like the US.

It's like here in Georgia the left is fighting tooth and nail to not have each precinct audit and make sure their count is accurate BEFORE sending it along to be certified

1) Personally, I would have no problem with Mexico's approach because the ID card is provided by the Federal Government free of charge. That prevents the equivalent of a poll tax, where only the well-off get to vote.

That said, there was a voting scandal in 2020 in Mexico because someone had counterfeited a bunch of the IDs and was selling them to Honduran and Guatemalan immigrants--the very thing some people here in the US fear. So having voter ID is no guarantee of prevention of cheating.

Neither is hand-counting. Various types of voter fraud were going on everywhere in the world where elections were held, pretty much from the dawn of history and long before computers were ever invented. Computer tallying of votes was introduced in the US and elsewhere specifically because it prevented certain kinds of deliberate miscounting by precinct officials and because machines are faster and more accurate than humans in boring, repetitive tasks. Introduce another step of human hand-counting back into the process and you also introduce another channel for the humans to diddle with the vote.

2) The objection to the recent Georgia precinct rule is actually bi-partisan. For example:

"Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, said in an Aug. 15 statement that having polling locations hand-count ballots jeopardizes ballot security and risks dangerous delays."

and:

"Republican Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr advised the board in a Thursday-dated letter that the hand-counting proposal was probably unlawful because the state legislature hadn't empowered the board to require ballots to be counted by hand.

Carr also said new rules on how to conduct elections "are disfavored [by the court] when implemented as close to an election as the rules on the September 20 agenda."

www.usatoday.com...

The Georgia rule probably won't withstand a challenge in the courts, and that challenge is guaranteed to happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Now take apart #3 please?

“Voting machines are a safe and an infallible way to vote anywhere in the world and certainly American presidential elections.”

Ahem.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Please pay attention to the 10 voters we found, please ignore the 10,000 illegal voters we encouraged.

top topics

join