It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives and liberals have different brain structures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
MSN link
Right takeaway :

Having a larger amygdala could be attributed to genes, the environment, or most likely, a combination of the two, he added. It is possibly related to a “larger proclivity for understanding danger.”

Left takeaway:

“Conservatives Are Scaredy Cats, Science Says,” referencing the amygdala’s role in processing fear and anxiety.

There, pre argued.

Us centist libertarians are like, "ya’ll both crazy and just arguing over which authoritarian gets to be in control."

Yeah there are left and right libertarians but I think they would agree with that assessment.

Anyways. Carry on with the argument. Us libertarians are such a small percentage of the population it don’t matter anyways — and we’re busy fighting each other.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So the New Eugenics is back in vogue?

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Isn't Libertarianism within the far left sphere out there with literal hippy communists?

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
MSN link
Right takeaway :

Having a larger amygdala could be attributed to genes, the environment, or most likely, a combination of the two, he added. It is possibly related to a “larger proclivity for understanding danger.”

Left takeaway:

“Conservatives Are Scaredy Cats, Science Says,” referencing the amygdala’s role in processing fear and anxiety.

There, pre argued.

Us centist libertarians are like, "ya’ll both crazy and just arguing over which authoritarian gets to be in control."

Yeah there are left and right libertarians but I think they would agree with that assessment.

Anyways. Carry on with the argument. Us libertarians are such a small percentage of the population it don’t matter anyways — and we’re busy fighting each other.

Huge difference between being able to understand and perceive danger and being fearful and anxiety-ridden.

It certainly fits the conservative/liberal paradigm somewhat.

Democrats want open borders while being oblivious to the dangers

Republicans want closed borders because they can rationally see the potential negative consequences

This pretty much applies to any hot-button topic

but don't get me wrong we need both modes of thinking, just need to be careful where we apply the different logics

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
MSN link
Right takeaway :

Left takeaway:

There, pre argued.

Those two interpretations you just posted are not mutually inconsistent. They can both be true simultaneously. There's not necessarily anything there to argue about.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Isn't Libertarianism within the far left sphere out there with literal hippy communists?

Chase Oliver is.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My wife tells me that my amygdala is above average and I am very talented with it. She's supportive like that.

edit on 20-9-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Seems to be if the amygdala is smaller in liberals that it would be directly linked to types of autism spectrum disorders.

Which if you think of it....there seems to be some major similarities to autism and liberal mindset.

Conservatives most often use history and common sense to evaluate things....making sure they are not barking up the wrong tree. I know some people who claim to be conservatives, but in reality they are liberals. I also know lots of moderate liberals that were deceived to believe they are liberals yet the basis of their personality is actually conservatives.

I have analyzed people all my life, I try not to let them know I am analyzing them by being quiet as a mouse most times in real life.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Does this mean conservatives have bigger brains? Bigger brains usually means smarter.

That seems to also mean liberals are dumber. And scientifically proven it seems.

Dunning Kruger any one?

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Following this (attached study), I am in the middle. In any case, interesting, thanks for the hint. The study is from 2011.

"Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College London found that self-described conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.
Most societies are divided into a party that wants change (the more liberal party) and one that is afraid of change (the conservatives). The liberal party is generally more intellectual and the conservative party is more anti-intellectual. The conservative party is big on national defense and magnifies our perception of threat, whether of foreign aggressors, immigrants, terrorists, or invading ideologies like Communism. To a conservative, the world really is a frightening place.

Given that their brains are so different, it is hardly surprising that liberals and conservatives should spend so much time talking across each other and never achieving real dialogue or consensus. As scientists, we hope that these results are replicated because they shed so much light on political behavior. As citizens, we would prefer if politicians were not divided into such different categories of a political animal.

If everyone was born with the same brain potential to acquire either conservative or liberal views, then we could be more optimistic about prospects for political communication and consensus-building. If voters were of like brain, perhaps they could be of like mind."

Conservatives Big on Fear, Brain Study Finds

Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

And all that leads back to eugenics. They want to bread a better human. Do they want Eloi or Morlocks?

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No kidding!!

In a liberal brain the positive terminal is connected directly to the negative terminal with no resistor in between!!

It's called a Dead-Short!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

edit on 9/20/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

No kidding!!

In a liberal brain the positive cable is connected directly to the negative terminal with no resistor in between!!

It's called a Dead-Short.

Mine bust be shorted out.

Joined army.

Traveled the world.

Found my wife on opposite side of the planet.

Love sailing the ocean and diving/snorkeling as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You know, a light bulb
is a resistor.

LOL!

top topics

join