It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Taxpayers Fund Hezbollah Terrorist Memorial In Dearborn Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Not sure if this is 'social issues' or 'war on terrorism' ...

A Shia Mosque in Dearborn Michigan is holding a memorial service this weekend for a Hezbollah terrorist leader who was killed. This Shia Mosque operates under the guise of a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The Mosque is a hotbed of anti-Jewish and anti-American rhetoric. It is exploiting both its religious authority and U.S. tax laws to advance an Islamic agenda that threatens Western freedoms. This memorial service is to honor a Hezbollah terrorist, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Americans. He is being publicly honored on American soil.

Freedom of religion ... sure. Most people claim to want it. But is this religion? Honoring terrorists? I suppose it is when our religion is melded with terrorism and those terrorists are advancing your 'religion of peace' in the world. Tricky. How to be all 'freedom of religion' when in fact that religion is political and deadly.

The Religion Of Peace

American Taxpayers Fund Hezbollah Terrorist Memorial In Dearborn Michigan

In a deeply troubling development, one of Dearborn, Michigan’s largest Islamic news groups, Dearborn.org, along with the Islamic Institute of Knowledge (IIOK)—a Michigan-based mosque with known ties to extremism—are promoting the obituary and hosting a memorial service for Hezbollah jihadi Fadel Abbas Bazzi. Bazzi, a Hezbollah fighter killed in Lebanon, is being publicly mourned and celebrated by IIOK, a tax-exempt organization under U.S. law. His employers posted a death notice, which Hezbollah echoed in an official statement, referring to him as a martyr who “died on the path of Al-Quds.”

The IIOK mosque, which is holding a memorial service for Hezbollah fighter Fadel Abbas Bazzi, proudly posted about the upcoming “commemoration service” on their Facebook page. The terror praising event will be held at the Mosque on Sunday, September 22, 2024, at 3:00 pm.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if our governor didn't make an appearance to show her support.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

When organization like this are allowed to exist in the US you know our country is already lost. We won't be fighting a war with an opressive government; we'll be fighting each other.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I personally find the service and beliefs of those members egregious.

Hezzbolah started sending rockets to Israel on October 8th, just one day after the historic attack from Hamas.

That said, if we start letting the government pick and choose what is acceptable from religious organizations, it may work for now, but that precedent may change with the political winds.

What happens if the government decides certain speech is not freedom of religion, but akin to lobbying?

Personally, I think we need reform on the issue in a sensible way, but I know that’s impossible to be done in a way where ultimately our freedoms are protected. Many have used religion as a means of protection while they exploit. Just like mega preachers with their mansions and private jets. Some use it as a way to lobby and change policy.

While I see issues with it all, I still lean on the government not changing how religion is viewed. If there’s actionable intelligence any member is engaged in terrorism, then prosecute that, which we have in the past. But speech is protected, even disgusting speech.

If we start prosecuting people for religious or ethnic beliefs against our allies, do we start going after people who are pro Putin? Because I don’t think that should be done personally. If it’s just an opinion, that’s not illegal. Or else we’re engaging in thought crimes.

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Should also use American tax dollars to just bulldoze it. Give em the full Waco treatment.

It’s not thought crime of an issue of freedom or religion or expression.

It’s a terrorist cell. Using the guise of religion as a shield and the freedoms America allows them as tho they were equals is the sword.

edit on 20-9-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Absolutely disgusting.

They should all be given a one way ticket to Beirut.

join