It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sheriff has been arrested after shooting at a judge at county courthouse with a fatality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Looking for more information but it seems like a wild story behind this small town(2200 pop) judicial system. Evidently, like many small southern towns, it has a drug problem, perhaps a corrupt and scummy judge and a pissed-off sheriff

Best-selling true crime potential book material

www.wthr.com...

x.com...

See new posts
Conversation
R A W S A L E R T S
@rawsalerts
🚨#BREAKING: A sheriff has been arrested after shooting at a judge at county courthouse with a fatality

đź“Ś#Whitesburg | #Kentucky

Multiple emergency crews and authorities are currently on the scene in Whitesburg, Kentucky, after Sheriff Mickey Stines was arrested in connection with a shooting at the Letcher County Courthouse. Stines is accused of fatally shooting District Judge Kevin Mullins in his office near the District Courtroom. Officials have confirmed that the judge has died, though it remains unclear if anyone else was injured during the incident. The courthouse had been placed on lockdown but since lifted, and an investigation is underway as authorities work to determine the motive behind the shooting. This is a developing story

x.com...

See new posts
Conversation
R A W S A L E R T S
@rawsalerts
·
2h
🚨#BREAKING: A sheriff has been arrested after shooting at a judge at county courthouse with a fatality

đź“Ś#Whitesburg | #Kentucky

Multiple emergency crews and authorities are currently on the scene in Whitesburg, Kentucky, after Sheriff Mickey Stines was arrested in
Show more

Lou 🫦
@LouAZMerrijul
·
1h
Danggggg

If it’s what the Rumors are saying is true.. I can understand why it happened.

Several locals reporting the Sheriff went to arrest the Judge on charges a particular “misconduct”.

And it was very close to home for the Sheriff, there was a Fight and went deadly.
Show more
Lou 🫦
@LouAZMerrijul
Just an Update the Judge was in charge of the Juvenile Drug Court.

2 years ago a Deputy Sheriff was accused of trading House Arrest Ankle Monitor for Sexual Favors..

The Victim Claimed it happened in the Judges Chambers/Office.

Looks like there may be more to come of this and the alleged rumors of an underage Female Relative.
6:42 PM · Sep 19, 2024
·
Views

edit on p000000309pm096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Crazy stuff. This was exactly the scenario I had in my mind before I finished reading the rest of the post. very intriguing narrative building up here. Will it become a movie, or a tv show?? I don't know but if that was one of those dirty bribe taking judges that funnels kids to private detention centers for hefty bank deposits then this fella had it coming. Especially if he raped an underage vulnerable minor in his own juvenile drug court Judges chambers. A fitting place for him to end.

But hey, we got to see where the investigation goes, and I am curious to learn more as it unfolds.

I just wanted to add, there is likely touch DNA on the floor and other surfaces depending on where the Judge potentially allegedly sexually assaulted the minor. A person that brazenly deviant and corrupt likely does not think ahead to have a cleaning lady come and do a deep scrub of all surfaces. Someone like that usually just believes they have become untouchable. So I am thinking there should be some hefty forensic evidence in those chambers.
edit on 9-19-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: putnam6
Crazy stuff. This was exactly the scenario I had in my mind before I finished reading the rest of the post. very intriguing narrative building up here. Will it become a movie, or a tv show?? I don't know but if that was one of those dirty bribe taking judges that funnels kids to private detention centers for hefty bank deposits then this fella had it coming. Especially if he raped an underage vulnerable minor in his own juvenile drug court Judges chambers. A fitting place for him to end.

But hey, we got to see where the investigation goes, and I am curious to learn more as it unfolds.

I just wanted to add, there is likely touch DNA on the floor and other surfaces depending on where the Judge potentially allegedly sexually assaulted the minor. A person that brazenly deviant and corrupt likely does not think ahead to have a cleaning lady come and do a deep scrub of all surfaces. Someone like that usually just believes they have become untouchable. So I am thinking there should be some hefty forensic evidence in those chambers.

You never know but for a sheriff to go bugchit in such a small community, it was personal.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hill people Sheriff? I would not be thinking they play around when they go to arrest a Judge. This tragedy will be an interesting read but for the fatality. I would hope the Judge lives so that we can see this resolved. And, if the Judge was to get arrested and this fight broke out over it, there might be a bailiff dead.

edit on 19000000403020249America/Chicago09pm9 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

DP
edit on 19000000123020249America/Chicago09pm9 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In the heart of Appalachia.

Earlier story.

www.courier-journal.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Something similar happened here in small town America a few decades ago. The local sheriff tipped off his friends that there would be an arrest warrant issued for their arrest for sexually abusing young women, so the couple fled the area.

The couple would hire 14 and 15 y/o girls as babysitters, drug them and 'enjoy' their company for the evening.

Some of the charges were dropped, others reduced in a plea deal after the couple returned to the area. They started a business and enjoyed their good fortune until a police officer found out his daughter was one of their victims (I personally knew some of the victims) and he took matters into his own hands-killing the man and his wife. In cold blood.

The cop is serving a life sentence for homicide and has no regrets. The entire town sees him as a hero.

Judges in our area are very sort on sexual crimes against children, and it seems not everyone is willing to wait for 'karma' to do its thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

www.courier-journal.com...

Letcher County Sheriff Mickey Stines has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in connection to a shooting at the Letcher County Courthouse in Whitesburg, officials from the Kentucky State Police said Thursday.

Spokesperson Matt Gayheart said in a news release that KSP Post 13 in Hazard received reports around 2:55 p.m. that shots were fired inside the courthouse. Multiple first-response agencies arrived at the scene and found that District Judge Kevin Mullins, 54, of Jackhorn, had suffered multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead on the scene by the Letcher County Coroner’s Office.

The Mountain Eagle, a local newspaper in Whitesburg, reported that Stines walked into the judge's outer office and told court employees that he needed to talk to Mullins alone. The pair entered the inner office, closed the door and shots rang out shortly after, according to The Mountain Eagle's report. Stines walked out of the room with hands up and turned himself over to police.

Gov. Andy Beshear confirmed on social media that a district judge in Letcher County was killed in a shooting.

"Sadly, I have been informed that a district judge in Letcher County was shot and killed in his chambers this afternoon. There is far too much violence in this world, and I pray there is a path to a better tomorrow," Beshear wrote.

Investigators determined that the shooting transpired after an argument between Stines and Mullins, Gayheart said. Stines was taken into custody shortly after without incident.

KSP continues to lead the ongoing investigation

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If the Sheriff Deputy Ben Fields was the one who commited these crimes against the underage female why kill the judge?
It's being reported he shot him multiple times so this was vengeful.
I wonder if the deputy and the judge were related.
If the deputy could enter the judges chambers after hours this could be the case.
The judge was probably helping to get the charges dismissed and the Sheriff wasn't having it.

join