It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says U.S. voters must choose between "evils": Harris and Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Pope Francis has a message for the American people gearing up to vote for their next president.

The two top chooses are evil; but the Americans will still need to vote for one of them.

The Pope see's Donald Trump as evil due to his lack of compassion for migrants.

The Pope see's Kamala Harris as evil due to her support of murder of unborn children.

Pope Francis says U.S. voters must choose between "evils": Harris and Trump

Pope Francis is warning American Catholic voters that they will have to make a choice between two “evils” in Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump, arguing that each of their platforms stand “against life.”

The Catholic leader, speaking from the papal plane on Friday, framed the choice as between “lesser of two evils,” but conceded that “you have to vote.”

“One must choose the lesser of two evils. Who is the lesser of two evils? That lady or that gentleman? I don’t know,” Pope Francis said.

“To send migrants away, to leave them wherever you want, to leave them … it’s something terrible, there is evil there,” the Pope said about Trump’s plan.

“To send away a child from the womb of the mother is an assassination, because there is life. We must speak about these things clearly,” Francis said.

link

Given the polarized nature of the American electorate, we already know this election will come down to a few votes in a few swing states, a few of those people are likly to be Christian.

Assuming the Pope could sway the election in any meaningful way; which message do you think is more impactful? That Harris helps to assassinate children or that Trump wants to send migrants away?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Securing our boarders is common sense.

Abortions, well, while I personally disagree with it, it is after all, your body, your choice.

Vote for me, I'll make free beer Fridays a law!

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
1. The head of a foreign state telling Americans who to vote for? Isn't that election interference? Is it time for sanctions against the Vatican?

2. The Pope telling us we need to vote for evil? Why not a third party candidate? Or a write in? Or simply not choosing any evil?

3. If I were President, I would round up as many illegal aliens as possible and ship the off to the Vatican. It would solve our problem, and the Pope could show the world how it's done by welcoming them all with open arms.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Got to hand it to the Pope , he's nailed the idea of elections.

Aren't most elections a choice between the lesser of two evils ?

Sadly the people in my country got it wrong and chose the evil of all evils.... stoopid people.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not anymore. Now it is the obvious choice of evil and maybe a chance of not evil now in Trump. The evil will continue 100% for certain if Harris and the D's sweep the election. It will be literally over for " Justice and liberty for all!" We have a two tier system that will not survive a nation.

We are trying real hard not to lose these Goretex. The party of evil is in our face lying and trying to blow smoke up our asses to get more, more and even more power to tell the little man how to live, where and what to eat, and how much water we are allowed to possess that fell from the sky onto our own properties.

edit on 15000000473020249America/Chicago09am9 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

What about the Pope's 'lack of compassion' for victims of illegal immigrants? I remember multiple women being murdered.
Won't hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Pick the one who wants America to be most like the Vatican.

Walled, safe, independent and Homogeneous in goals.

edit on 15-9-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I think Vatican City should open its gates and host some of that flood of migrants plaguing Europe then...or is the the Catholic Church evil?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Evil hypocrites, yup. Like most ruling bodies of power in any grand organization.

a reply to: RickyD

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"Migrants". Good one. It's all about framing the language, and has been forever. Look up "If by whiskey".

The Pope. Whatever.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Let's see which is more evil, turning illegal occupants in our country away from consuming the tax payers resources while the citizens of our country suffers, or those who advocate killing children in and outside of the womb?

“To send migrants away, to leave them wherever you want, to leave them … it’s something terrible, there is evil there,”

They came here illegally without due process. The migrants in my family came here legally, they pay their taxes and started legal businesses. So why can't everyone else? How is allowing illegal immigrants into this country fair to those who followed the law and entered legally?

How many countries did they migrate through before stopping here? We aren't talking about migrants from bordering countries. Why do our taxpayers have to carry this burden?

How many illegal occupants do you have in the Vaticans sovereign city, consuming the resources they did not add to Francis?

Given the polarized nature of the American electorate, we already know this election will come down to a few votes in a few swing states, a few of those people are likly to be Christian.

Not all Christians are Catholic.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
He's a marxist antiborders globalist who hates America.
He wants America brought down to third world levels.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So now we got the pope interfering in US politics, he needs to bite his tongue and stay out of our politics.

Nobody wants to hear his comments, he got plenty of corruption in his neck of the wood already and a prayer is not going to fix it.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh. Neat.

Is this the same Pope that said ALL religions allow access to God?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

He doesn't hate boarders...he utilizes his just fine...don't believe me...just try to walk into Vatican City and take up residence...

He also must think walls and gates are pretty useful too or else he would be removing the ones he has around his city state...

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh my GOSH! How could I be so SHORTSIGHTED!?!? Here I am for months, pondering the American presidential election and the morals I want to see brought to the White House....and somehow, I neglect to seek the advice of the Catholic Church. Gosh, I am such a saint's relic-head!

I mean...i attempted to at one point, but I got the answering machine saying that the local bishop was out for pizza at the moment...pizza with a boyishly muscular build, shaved balls, walnut sauce, and some other toppings I just don't understand...I guess they're talking about it the Italian way. La di da...how fancy! Ciao Bella! Gratt-zee! Bu-wone apahtitty.

Anyways, I don't know how I could have just looked right passed humanity's living and breathing temple of moral fortitude, innocence, prudence, chastity, acceptance, etc. I guess I will go down to my local Catholic church and ask what I need to be thinking about when casting a vote. I have a feeling an ancient interpretation of a religion which forbids worship by the female gender, which for 2000 years has organized fun parties for their priests and the local boys aged 5 to 11, an organization which virtually wiped Jewdom off the face of the earth, embraces a not so subtle worship of the devil, wouldnt ever ask you to go a day without sun and Saturn worship, and a church with a medieval if not ancient obsession with godde-...sorry, I mean VENERATION of Mary of Nazareth whom they dress in the typical style of Ishtar and Innanna and load up the average Catholic family with all the old god-...the Saints of just about every facet of life...and lets not be silly, who better than a church whose business is still conducted in the 1700 year old dialect of a language spoken in a city on the Italian prairie. How could they NOT know whom to vote for!?!? And hello, can anyone say CHRONOVISOR!?

I think next, I well go seek out the opinion of the head of Zoroastrianism, the Oracle of Delphi, and then have the auger read the birds. How could I have forgotten?

(And I see the irony here, I really do...but while I claim Greek Orthodoxy, it is more of a cultural affiliation as we dont have anything NEAR seperation of church and state, and gosh is it such a better way society is structured...while I leave theological interpretation up to myself, the only person I trust with my eternal soul other than God himself)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 06:35 PM
link   
quote]originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas

Did you just say CHRONOADVISOR?

😁

More misconception and lies.

I'd call the Pope a liar to his face, because he is.

Former President Trump, n e v e r said migrants are not welcome, we are talking about LEGAL immigration.

Not illegal entry from foreign invasive aliens. Illegal entry means they didn't respect our immigration law.

They're just helping themselves to your house.

Imagine of a group of hostile illegal entry aliens invaded your community, and rought havoc without regards to community safety. Just the opposite, rape or murder and even both.

People are more than welcome to come, legally.
That's the law.

edit on 15-9-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That's pretty much like I see it. The Pope is right for the wrong reasons, imo, but the end result is the same. Also none of his damn business.

join