It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why give away an advantage? Sometimes it's rational. Short short read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Left is all over it and they want to rearrange society in ways we may not like.

Some say using a little cannabis every few years can help realize valid connections and interrelationships between concepts which hadn't occurred to you.

I have only tried CBD oil not actual THC-containing marijuana. I used a part of a vial twice, not continually. In a few small ways, I was surprised by what I had not realized. It does not produce an intoxication.

I have heard of a heavy, heavy marijuana abuser on another forum who makes way too many, way too tenuous connections to try to debunk things. He clearly smokes way more than even the average abuser. You've probably never heard of him.

Supposedly the human body has an endocannabinoid system which produces endogenous cannabinoids but it may be stressed by stress or damage, or perhaps previous generations of some populations got a little "exogenous" in their systems and lost some of their ability to produce endogenous cannabinoids.

Part of the impetus for legalization may have come from not wanting to leave criminal gangs in charge of the supply.
edit on 14-9-2024 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

edit on 14-9-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Part of the impetus for legalization may have come from not wanting to leave criminal gangs in charge of the supply.

If it isn't legalized the government can't regulate and tax it. Look no farther than cigarettes and alcohol to understand all the revenue they're missing out on!

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Just FYI, there's a whole lot of snake oil out there in the CBD world. CBD without THC is basically inert. It's medical and psychological benefits are questionable at best. You can find lots of information out there on the differences between the two. You can get the same benefits from regular old olive oil that you get from CBD without THC.

We live in Colorado (and no I don't use CBD with, or without, THC, nor cannabis for that matter), BUT we did look into this in some detail a few years back before Cannabis was legalized for recreational use. Our interest was to see if hemp might be worthwhile to plant and harvest. A lot of what is called "CBD" comes from hemp, and hemp doesn't really have any THC. Cannabis is a form of hemp, but it's not the same. We were looking at hemp, not cannabis. We ultimately decided not to go with hemp due to the extreme difficulty in harvesting the mature plants (it's basically like harvesting ironwood trees...and requires very specialized equipment). We have some local guys who tried it, and one of the local harvesting companies tried to harvest it with a regular combine type harvester. Did like $60,000 dollars worth of damage to his harvester, and the harvester didn't even make it 20' feet into the field. Hemp is some ruggedly tough sh!t to harvest! That was all we needed to see. The guys who grew it ultimately gave up because they couldn't find anyone to harvest the stuff. All the commercial harvesters are in California and Oregon.

Anyway, we learned a lot about hemp, CBD (with and without THC) and Cannabis in the process. Didn't have any desire to get in the Cannabis business; too much hassle (legally).

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingclaydiskCBD without THC is basically inert. It's medical and psychological benefits are questionable at best.

I tend to doubt it because

1) they don't know everything that's in there and

2) the effects of THC last a few hours. I have read the substance goes bad for drug abuse purposes in a few months of storage. The effects I'm talking about are supposed to last years.
edit on 14-9-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Believe whatever you wish.

My only message to you is this; there is lots of very scientific research out there available for you to review. We were looking into it not for the CBD angle, but rather the textile and manufacturing value of hemp (which is actually quite good). Still, it was important to understand all of the other uses, their differences and processes.

I certainly don't claim to be the final word on CBD, as that wasn't our interest, but I can just tell you what we saw in our research.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The main reason it was made illeagle was the cotton industry and not the pharmaceutical industry. Hemp made better, stronger, tougher textiles than cotton so they lumped it in with its commonly mistaken related recretionagional plant and baned it.

And yes, the government is making it legal to tax it.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
The main reason it was made illeagle was the cotton industry and not the pharmaceutical industry. Hemp made better, stronger, tougher textiles than cotton so they lumped it in with its commonly mistaken related recretionagional plant and baned it.

And yes, the government is making it legal to tax it.

Don't forget the oil industry. Ford's first car was made to run on hemp oil. Also, don't forget the paper industry. Hemp produced a better fiber for paper than wood pulp, but Mr. Hearst owned a lot of newspapers and sawmills. Even the plastic industry worried about the durability of hemp fiber. Du Pont actively worked against it. Lastly, don't forget alcohol. During prohibition, THC grew in popularity. When alcohol was legal again, the manufacturer's needed to reduce the popularity of Maryjane.

top topics

join