It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Doctors Blame Nurses When Things Go Wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Lucy Letby conviction is looking very shaky. She was a nurse working in a very unhealthy environment.

When babies died she was blamed. All the evidence against her is open to interpretation. Increasing numbers of very well informed people are questioning the whole story. The slick behind the scenes work involved in presenting different parts of the story stinks of a psy-op that will be used for wasting our time and distracting us. Beware!

Senior staff using nurses as scapegoats is said to be a worldwide issue. Does anyone have any experience of this? Here at 5:40 onwards there is information on other similar cases.

This miscarriage of justice is best used to highlight the dangers of doctors with overblown egos.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Isn’t this a human problem not a doctor problem? Don’t most humans do this when things don’t go their way? Isn’t the name of the blame game any name but their own.

Any position of power has the potential for this behaviour to manifest, so one has to be extra vigilant and when one feels that they are being entrapped they should begin documenting their own work meticulously.

But watching the videos provided it sounds like the miscarriage of justice was that Lucy wasn’t dealt with much sooner.

All the videos say she was a known a problem, say she had been reported by co workers ect.

Sounds guilty and the misjudgement is that we didn’t kick her to the curb fast enough.

a reply to: TimBurr

edit on 12-9-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I had open heart surgery 2 years ago and they left a one 2 inch wire in me and a surgical towel.

They just told me it was left inside me. Lol! They said everything is counted and removed but someone made a mistake!

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I read Bang.

And thought, "yes".

… I’ll show my self out.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Many years ago when my late mother was still alive, she had had a surgery and felt off immediately after. Doctors said you just need time to recover. Cue a couple months later, she knew something wasn't right so they decided to open her back up.

Fully intact, unrolled roll of gauze and a retraction clamp had been left inside her.

So glad we can trust doctors with our lives.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
I read Bang.

And thought, "yes".

… I’ll show my self out.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Wow, that is crazy. Her body knew something was wrong. I did not feel a thing but x-ray showed the gauze. The open up a small part of my chest without having to saw my sternum again and removed it.

They left the wire.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have come across past cases of Sudden Infant Death where the parents questioned the vaccination program too much. The system turned against them and charged the parents with neglect. The mantra of safe and effective is not new. It is not just nurse at the pointy end of the spear, but all who challenge authority, doctors, nurses, parents...

I should of died a long time ago if not for the medical community, it is not all bad. It does good with the damage it can see. With the censorship around the things we cannot as easily see like the mRNA therapy, it is the rich, globalists, eugenics leading the blind through these dark ages.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've worked in the Medical field for years in one capacity or another .

" Do Doctors blame nurses ? "

It depends entirely on the Doctor. Some Doctors are very magnanimous and will take responsibility no matter what . Other Doctors are complete Narcissist and cannot accept any fault on their part.

Nurses are in contact with patients 85% of the time . The Doctor is in and out .....

If something goes wrong it's almost always traced back to the Attending Doctor and or The Patient lied about something and it got them to an early grave .

Nurses do make mistakes though yes .

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Was a surgical nurse for a lot of years in the military.

I was directly involved in preventing two unintentionally retained foreign objects (URFO). In both cases the surgeons were adamant I was wrong.

First. Open heart. Ten smaller raytex sponges on the field. Doc only ever used one. After sternotomy, he stuffs one down near xiphoid. End of case. Doc, I'm short a raytec. "I neeeever use raytex. They shouldn't even be on the table." Doc, post-sternotomy, you stuff one in the inferior sternum area. "Never". Doc, I've checked everywhere before telling you (incision should be first place inspected when count is off, but this guy was a Richard with ears. Wanted to be sure I didn't lose track first. Foul on me for cowing to the jerk). Just humor me, can ya sweep the xiphoid area for the sponge? Lo and behold, up comes the bloody sponge like a bloody magician's hankie. This ASCII then slings it towards me, hitting the glass supply cabinet and slithers down like a menstruating snail. After the surgery, I had a discussion with him, that *I* got in trouble for. No good save at all in the convo. And no talk with him about conduct unbecoming, team dynamics, or patient safety. Oh, he got it from me, but shoulda been a Colonel reading him the riot act.

Second, a hectic C-section. One lap sponge short. Doc told right away. She kept sewing. I called X-ray. She was pissed. And kept sewing. X-ray came back, with a very clear sponge tail visible. She said it wasn't inside, but slipped down under the surgical drape, and that it was actually external to the patient and she was laying on it. She told anesthesia to wake the patient up. Anesthesia refused. Someone ran out, literally ran, and found a higher up doc to intervene. Patient was reopened and sponge removed before waking. Doc thought everything was fine, since patient wasn't woke up. However, the point of no return is starting the skin incision. Joint Commission considers that as intention to finish the surgery without accounting for missing objects. She was suspended from surgical practice and I never saw her again. The team was recognized for the save, informally by the hospital commander... which I conveniently left my name off of when asked who was involved with the good save. Let the junior Os and Es be the focus of the accolades.

As to the person mentioning a surgical towel left in. That's scary. Those typically are NOT radio-opaque (unless that's changed). Those are only supposed to be used to dry hands after scrub and the initial laydown of the surgical field before the big drapes go up. Those not going in was beat heavily into us during initial training, due to the large number of URFOs that have been associated with them. With them not going in, it's rare they are counted at start of case. If one goes in, there's really no way of knowing if it comes out without a starting count.

So. There's two first hand instances of abhorrent physician arrogance. One supported by leadership. One properly addressed.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

You're right on that one. Some Drs will take the blame and others will pass it off to anyone they can.

Hospital admin will throw just about anyone under the bus if they think they can avoid a lawsuit.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: davegazi2point1

Oh God. Army doctors=nightmares.

Cpl. I served at Ft. Riley with had a bad right knee. Blew it up during Ranger school but managed to finish. Got okayed for the rebuild surgery. Pre-op shaved his leg, marked the areas with a skin marker then out he went. Post-op, soft cast on his left leg, right knee untouched. 2 days later he left Kansas in his 1980 Ford Fiesta, left leg out the window to drive home to North Carolina to get the correct leg fixed.

Pfc in Oklahoma went in for hiatal hernia surgery and came out, still sporting the hernia but short a testicle.

Stationed at a small caserne in Germany, 1 doctor for the post. Anything you went in for required a digital rectal hernia check. Fever? Rectal check, Broken arm? Finger up the a$$. Cut off a finger or need some stitches? Yeah, I think he may have been anally obsessed.

I'd hurt my back pretty bad, 10 days paralyzed in a German hospital before swelling finally started to subside and I started to get feeling back. Army wanted me to get spinal surgery at an Army hospital. NOPE!

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Army wanted me to get spinal surgery at an Atmy hospital.

Pussy. Think of the valuable training you deprived the military sawbones of. Just so selfish. 😂🤣

In all seriousness though, there are doctors in infantry sections nowadays and some medics do fantastic work with sweet FA.

There are also senior medical staff with shakey hands and cokebottle spectacles who cant remember the difference between a suture and a staple. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Buy the ticket, take the ride.
a reply to: Moon68

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: davegazi2point1

... This ASCII then slings it towards me, hitting the glass supply cabinet and slithers down like a menstruating snail.

There is no good reason for me chuckling so much reading that sentence.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Industrial Medical Complex ...
With supposed genius in their ranks
Is Still only practicing medicine .....
Never Forget That

GOOD luck

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Medical mistakes are actually quite common.

I do not know what happened in this case, but it appears that initially these babies deaths were called natural deaths. When the numbers started rising they found a scape goat...is she guilty? I do not know, but I do know the hospital heads and doctors might band together to put the blame on someone like this.

That is what Juries and trials are all about. Real evidence needs to be shown, and it appears that only opinions were used to feed to the jury in this case. Nurses do make mistakes, and occasionally a nurse will kill some people, but usually not babies, usually they target the old or badly hurt with no chance of recovery to a normal life, or might kill the kid of someone they hate or the person themselves. What was her motive....does she hate babies?

I can't make even an opinion on this, not enough real evidence that was presented here, people's opinions are not real evidence.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The Lucy Letby conviction is looking very shaky. She was a nurse working in a very unhealthy environment.

I sometimes wonder if she had some sort of hero complex in the beginning?
www.bbc.com...

'Tubes dislodged' when Letby was at other hospital - inquiry

"It is unusual, and you will hear that it occurs generally in less than 1% of shifts."

The audit found that there were recorded incidents of the tubes being dislodged on 40% of the shifts Letby worked at Liverpool Womens' Hospital.

Mr Baker said: "In light of what we know now, we might wonder why.”

edit on 13-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I retired doing U of M Med Center STAT runs. A doctor called me 3 hospitals over from Motts Chldrens Hosp...(we had tunnels)...screaming on phone that he needed something not there.

"Doctor? Not my fault, but I'll get to you there in 10". Up from B2, thru the tunnel, up into the Children's hospital- 4 1/2 mins.

Doctor: " Hey! I'm sorry but I've got a patient under anesthesia for awhile now"!

This same screaming, hollering, yelling SURGEON...had a child waiting out cold.

Would anyone want someone like that operating on your kid?
edit on 09242830America/ChicagoFri, 13 Sep 2024 08:48:28 -050048202400000028 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join