It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The healthiest meals on the planet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have a relative who is doing research in the health and wellness field, more specifically, what foods and supplements will help you become healthier, no matter what state of health you're currently in. My cousin is a PhD biologist. She recently attended a sort of "ultimate health summit", which attracted scientists, medical doctors of every specialty, biohackers, and professional sports coaches.

She said people are getting over the old fads, like making smoothies loaded with fruit. Some people still think a smoothie with a glass of O.J. and a pound of bananas and berries is nutritious. It's not. We're talking 5X the amount of sugar you want in a drink or a meal replacement.

The big take-away from the meeting was the Casey Means power bowl recipes. Means is an M.D. whose credentials are too extensive to even begin listing. Her recipes were analyzed for nutrient density, and they were hands-down the ultimate healthy meals.

More info:
Power Bowls!

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

So no protein?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

So no protein?

Yea, she does recommend protein. She made some of the bowl meals with salmon and tuna. She also recommends sardines.
Good quality eggs too.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Fatty red meats, bread, rice, some veggies. Meals that fill, and kids that are of average weight and above average height.
It's not a hard science. Just eat well.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

We can go through so many diets, and fads, which have been claimed to be the best. It's dumb.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

We can go through so many diets, and fads, which have been claimed to be the best. It's dumb.

Her intent (Casey Means) is to dissuade people from following the fad diets. As I said in the OP, her meal recipes were thoroughly analyzed for nutritional content.
They are super nutrient -dense.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just watched a video called healing kitchen which has Low Dog as one of the speakers in it. There are nine videos to the series, all an hour each. It is on sacredscience.com. Watched the first one at nine Oclock and watching the rest for the next eight days at nine oclock. It was pretty good, the first episode is sort of an opening episode till about the half hour mark then it goes into people doing recipes. Mostly plant based, but you learn about the food chemistries and tastes, and this can be used even with those who are eating meats too.

I am going to watch the video linked tomorrow and comment on it then But I can't overload my brain anymore, I did watch some of the debate after ten and will have to watch that tomorrow too and see the discussions here about it.

Diet is very important to keep the doctors at bay. I know a lot about food science, but also have lots more I can learn and analyze and see how it fits into diet of us who immigrated from far northern Europeans. My fathers and mothers diets up until the mid sixties matched their parents diets fairly well, and I feel better eating that kind of foods than all the more modern foods from the sixties on. Genetic specific enzymes is the clue to good health, and three generations is barely enough time to alter those ancestral epigenetic factors.

I like others perspectives on things, and I do eat fish at least twice a week, but we eat a variety of veggies and meats and the wife loves breads and pastas, but I cannot eat a lot of those and finally have figured out how to lessen the cravings for sweets....in fact now sweet stuff tastes bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The information may be useful but I can't watch it because of the unnecessary quick edits. It is right up here with the handheld camera fad of a few years ago. Ok for a minute or two but that gives me.a headache when viewing for longer.

Why no comments on YouTube? I would suggest firing the editor.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just watched a video called healing kitchen which has Low Dog as one of the speakers in it. There are nine videos to the series, all an hour each. It is on sacredscience.com. Watched the first one at nine Oclock and watching the rest for the next eight days at nine oclock. It was pretty good, the first episode is sort of an opening episode till about the half hour mark then it goes into people doing recipes. Mostly plant based, but you learn about the food chemistries and tastes, and this can be used even with those who are eating meats too.

I am going to watch the video linked tomorrow and comment on it then But I can't overload my brain anymore, I did watch some of the debate after ten and will have to watch that tomorrow too and see the discussions here about it.

Diet is very important to keep the doctors at bay. I know a lot about food science, but also have lots more I can learn and analyze and see how it fits into diet of us who immigrated from far northern Europeans. My fathers and mothers diets up until the mid sixties matched their parents diets fairly well, and I feel better eating that kind of foods than all the more modern foods from the sixties on. Genetic specific enzymes is the clue to good health, and three generations is barely enough time to alter those ancestral epigenetic factors.

I like others perspectives on things, and I do eat fish at least twice a week, but we eat a variety of veggies and meats and the wife loves breads and pastas, but I cannot eat a lot of those and finally have figured out how to lessen the cravings for sweets....in fact now sweet stuff tastes bad.

NGL your posts on health and well-being here over the years have helped me substantially. will check out the videos.

One think I need and think most people do they need to hear the message repeatedly so it sticks and you begin to crave whats good for you.

Stumbled upon a Cabbage, Lentil, garlic and onions and damn its so good and can be modified it would make an excellent soup

We are so complex yet each one of us has different quirks in our physiological makeup. You have to dial in what works in your situation.

Eliminating sugar is essential, I rarely have it now, and when I seems overwhelmingly sweet

but somebody here mentioned nascent iodine for possible thyroid issues, at the time the area around my thyroid felt sore and inflamed. I used for about 2 years and it's helped me lose a lot of weight and keep it off.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks for the info on Dr. Low Dog. I'm checking it out.
I'd bet you'll like the Casey Means channel. I'm also finding some good info on the Levels channel.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 03:19 AM
link   

That looks really good! The only thing missing for me is calories.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
The information may be useful but I can't watch it because of the unnecessary quick edits. It is right up here with the handheld camera fad of a few years ago. Ok for a minute or two but that gives me.a headache when viewing for longer.

Why no comments on YouTube? I would suggest firing the editor.

Not sure what you're referring to, but I also included a link to a text page if you don't like the vid.
There are 350 comments on the YT vid.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

She does a good job at preparing the dish she is making.

I do think that in that meal there may be a little too much isothiolcyanate chemistry...another words too much cyanide chemistry. The thiols in the onions might help to nutralize it but unless a person is fighting cancer, there might be too much of this in the dish. Could cause thyroid issues if a person was to eat something like that quite often.

I personally do not care for red onions or red cabbage, I do use a lot of onions and cabbage, but green cabbage is my choice of cabbage...she also cuts the base of the brussel sprouts off, that piece she tosses out has some good properties, I do not toss that part away.

Just like an onion, the piece next to the root system...kind of solid like, actually contains quite a bit more quercetin than the rest of the onion...yellow onions are stronger than white or sweet onions for that chemistry too. We don't eat the onion peel, it may be rich in quercetin, but it also contains more pesticide residues

Eating a watermellon, most people love the sweetest part yet the best part is next to the rind..it has growth and repair hormones which can actually help us heal if eaten in moderation...when you slam the watermelon don the cement, that hormone chemistry actually sweetens the watermelon, so does everyone tapping on it in the store.

That would make a good occasional meal, but I would say that once a week would be best...but then again, she is just choosing one meal to build but sometimes people get carried away and too much too often is not good with any medicine or food.

I know some women who burnt out their thyroid with overconsumption of cruciferous veggies and cyanide containing chemistries. Isothiocyanates bind to the receptors that Iodine binds to, but is harder to knock off. Iodine is easily replaced with chloride and flourides where moderating thiocyanates is a little more difficult to neutralize, but way safer than pure cyanates. Seems like the new health craze is ignoring teaching people moderation, all those things in moderation are good but they should inform people to use these chemistries in moderation. The brussel sprouts were cooked, which is good, heat does lessen their thyroid creating problems but like cabbage, the sinigen it creates, which is actually a good cancer killer, does dampen glutaminase activity at the neuron junctions ...calming, but too much again is not good I know the side effects of that, sore muscles and lightheadedness...a small L-glutamine supplement does help with that though.

I am sure she has lots of knowledge of other recipes to share, I look forward to seeing others she is making. Like I said, it is good to have that kind of meal on occasion, just not every day. Symptoms of problems of overconsumption can take a year to manifest sometimes....one or two meals a week is not overconsumption, Just like anything else too much of a good thing can be bad too. A vitamin B12 deficiency if you change to being a vegetarian can take five years to show symptoms, but most vegetarians these days are aware they may need supplementation....but forget to tell others about that sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join