It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“They’re Gonna Pay for It:” Could a Texas Billionaire Force Greenpeace USA into Bankruptcy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Rich people get exponentially rich by following the rules?

Lmao....

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Rich people get exponentially rich by following the rules?

Lmao....

a reply to: strongfp

He was born in Gladewater, Texas, and grew up in White Oak, Texas, with his father as a Sun Pipeline employee and his mother as a grocery shop employee.

Thanks to his mother’s emphasis on the importance of education, Kelcy Warren graduated from White Oak High School with enough grades to get him to the University of Texas at Arlington. The desire to change his family’s situation made him consult the best career to pursue from his high school counselor, where he got the idea to take an engineering course.

Only in America

I started this OP thinking how finally these eco-terrorists messed with the wrong dude. Well not only was I right but in the process I have learned of a great American, a story of hard work and achievement. Too bad you don't see it but this is another example of the American dream. Kelcy wasn't born into money he worked hard took risks and created an empire....he has given back to his community and, as you can see in the short video in the link, appreciates the men & women in his company and in the communities he works in. You have failed to see Kelcy Warren is a great American story.
edit on 10-9-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

They listen to much to Obama who told everybody…

“You didn’t build that”

They think the government should have the power to take somebody’s hard earned things.

“They’re a billionaire, we can take most of it and they’ll still have plenty left. Nobody could ever spend all that money”

They act like it theirs to take.
They can’t figure out that it’s the same as taking a chunk of a poor persons money.
Industry leaders keep the big machine rolling.
Without them nobody has a damn job and innovation is nonexistent.
They’re trying to turn this place into China.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
According to the Pew Research Center (which leans left) the majority of the people in the top quintile of net worth started life in the lowest two quintiles.

The rich in the US were not born rich. They were born poor and became rich.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   

And Jeff Bezos was born to a teenage mother who gave him up for adoption.

My choice of words matters in any case for the super rich. They get to a point where compounding money isn't about working hard or anything like that. You juat become part of the club that will stay super rich simply because, you are super rich because the super rich make the rules, not follow them. All you gotta do is not piss off your new peers.
edit on 11-9-2024 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Tolkien

a reply to: Tolkien

No.

Yes.
These things are like the heads on a Hydra, they keep growing back. But billinaires love to throw money into bottomless money pits.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DON'T WANT YOU !

Got it, but I'm not Green Peace or a supporter of Green Peace. Got it?

Yet you defend them....not very good at lying...

Nope. That's just your projection.

Re-read your own posts, slower.....

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but I don't support your fantasy. But you do you, and just keep hoping that some hero billionaire can sue environmental activism into extinction. Like I said twice before, these things are like the heads of a Hydra, cut one off, and it just grows back in multiples!

Unlike the other monsters, however, the Hydra’s heads had a unique property. Whenever a head was cut off, another would grow in its place. By the time of the Roman Empire, this regenerative ability had grown even more impressive. To writers like Ovid the Hydra grew back two or even three heads for every single one that was destroyed.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but I don't support your fantasy. But you do you, and just keep hoping that some hero billionaire can sue environmental activism into extinction. Like I said twice before, these things are like the heads of a Hydra, cut one off, and it just grows back in multiples!

Unlike the other monsters, however, the Hydra’s heads had a unique property. Whenever a head was cut off, another would grow in its place. By the time of the Roman Empire, this regenerative ability had grown even more impressive. To writers like Ovid the Hydra grew back two or even three heads for every single one that was destroyed.

Quoting fantasy to try to rebut me is telling....
LOL.

"Release the Kraken!"
ROFL !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join