It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion Beijing set out to destroy U.S. economic supremacy. It’s nearing its target.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LollieK3
I live in Hickory, NC. It used to be the #1 furniture manufacturer area in the world. Not anymore. Manufacturers have closed left and right. We still have some that won’t fold, but most have. Leaving a specific skilled workforce without jobs and on Medicaid

I forgot all about the North Carolina furniture manufacturers, they had thier boom era as well.

It's crazy how all of these industries morphed or outright evaporated in what seemed like quick time frames

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
a reply to: putnam6

are you hiring? can I send you my resume...

Always looking for talented product designers, metalsmiths, potters, Craftsmen and artist of all types. You can either work in your studio or our facility Need Retail sales people as well. Paid training... also we have a section making props for the film/tv industry here in tamalewood. These gigs require membership in...

iatse.net...

That's pretty interesting, Ive only been in one union my entire life and it was right around when our industry collapsed, and the union as it was collapsed with it.

Ironically, some of the "unfair" companies locally Ive heard of before are on the periphery of our trade markets here, IIRC

I would love to get into that field, especially if I were a little younger, but Im still trainable,

I need a solid 5-10 years and Im not sure my current situation gives me the best return on time spent.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oma reply to: chiefsmom

Omg I order EVERYTHING from TEMU and I am almost always thrilled with what I receive! Mayne 5 unhappy items out of 500 ordered.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Electing Harris would finish the job started under Biden.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join